“Perfectly executed lunch!”

The Potting Shed
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Broadway
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Potting Shed provides a more informal dining experience at Dormy House, where guests can enjoy rustic dishes. The menu will reflect the changing seasons, making the most of local ingredients when they are at their very best.
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Having been to The Fish hotel recently, and seen that Dormy House was on the same estate, thought I'd try out The Potting Shed for lunch. Was driving, but the wine list was decent and enough of interest by the glass. Starter of warm scotch egg was good and really excellent warm bread.

Both mains (18-hour slow-cooked pork belly and lamb belly/rump) were fantastic. Cooking of this standard just demonstrates that food doesn't have to be 'fancy' if it is thought out and well executed. Everything on the plate had a purpose and added balance, with each element adding something.

The cooking of the meat was excellent, possibly the best pork belly I've had and the potatoes (mash, rosti and chips!) were full of flavour. Little touches really lifted the food,like the deep fried anchovies and crackling, with a mini-pot of gravy.

Too full for pudding, but definitely planning on going back for the Sunday lunch!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Been wanting to dine at the Potting Shed since it's refurb but just haven't managed to get there. So my surprise birthday lunch at the Potting Shed was very welcome.

Interestingly, we were met at the main entrance door by a 'meet & greet' person and taken to our table. Menus and drink arrived promptly. We thoroughly enjoyed our superb 3 course lunch.

Dormy House strives to deliver an excellent customer experience and on this occasion, they certainly delivered. It's 5 stars from me.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We had a fantastic meal during our recent stay at the Dormy House Hotel. Duck liver parfait was delicious as was the enormous beef wellington that followed. The staff were wonderful and made sure our glasses were promptly refilled. We were even treated to a modified expresso martini at the end of a lovely evening. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

informal dinning great menu can't fault it bright and relaxing and you don't have to drive home what can i say its a win win.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Must admit that, (after a number of average or poor experiences), I haven't eaten at Dormy for well over two years, but after a chance meeting with the hotel's new Head Chef (Sam Bowser), I promised him that I would give the hotel one more chance.

To-day I invited a long standing friend, (working in the Wine Industry), for Lunch in the Potting Shed and the experience was very much a mixed bag. The quality of the food was EXCELLENT, with each dish being well executed, nicely presented and very tasty; especially the Vegetable Risotto!

Now the bad news:
The young staff are friendly and pleasant enough, but lack the basic social and inter-personal skill required for the job! On arriving into the Restaurant, although a couple of staff noticed us standing there, they completely ignored us and continued with their jobs behind the Bar, (not even a smile or a nod in our direction!), and we were left standing there for a few minutes, until one other young lady, (possibly Spanish), eventually arrived. Not a good start!

I then gave my business card to a young lady, asking her to give it to the SAM and I am still waiting....... to be told that he had changed his day off and he wasn't there!!!
Also, staff should be trained, (among many other things), on how to handle glasses, especially when full of cold drinks!

Finally - I do mind being charged £ 22.00 for 2 x 125cl glasses of very poor quality House Champagne and £ 9.50 for a 175cl glass of a very average Gavi.

Would I go back? (having been a Waiter for over 50 years, this is very hard for me to admit). For the quality of the Food YES - For the quality of the Service NO, unless, there are serious and positive improvements with their "Front of House Service!".

PS. May I say a sincere "Thank You" to the young lady who dealt brilliantly, with me breaking a glass at the table.

1  Thank italian186422