6 people are viewing this hotel
US$227
View deal
eDreams
1,380 results
All reviews fish games room sliders stable block veranda room table football farncombe estate hot tub bar area log burner mussels dog bed afternoon tea dog friendly hotel stunning location bar menu sister hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 May 2022

Check in was reasonably quick, but there is no reception desk and so guests hang around in the area waiting to be checked in/out, which can be a little confusing as you are not always sure who are staff and who are guests. I imagine if it was busy it could be a little annoying.

We stayed in a 'terraced room', which was in the Coach House. The room was a good size and furnished nicely and comfortable, but only one chair to sit in. The shower was a very good size, but as the path to the other rooms ran next to it we felt it necessary to have the blind down whenever we went in!

Everything was nice and clean with lovely bathrobes and towels.

The terrace was a very good size and equipped with a table with two chairs and two further chairs to lounge in.

I don't remember the website description mentioning that the hotel is built on the side of a fairly steep hill. Getting to/from The Coach House meant climbing a lot of steps. I am fairly fit and I was puffing at the top.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel is quite relaxed.

Breakfast was very good with a reasonable amount of choice.

The room rate started at £195 and maybe I am a little out of touch, but that did seem a little expensive.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 3 May 2022 via mobile

We could not rate the hotel or the staff highly enough. I have never been to a hotel so clean. I have never been to a hotel where every staff member was so friendly whether asking a query or just walking past. Our 3 year old son has multiple severe allergies and we have been let down so many times before making us very anxious about travelling - we needn’t have worried here as every waiter knew of his allergies (all 7!) and could not have reassured us more that the chef cleaned the surfaces before preparing his food and was confident in dealing with them - thank you chef!! We are actually a little bit bewildered that we were so so well looked after, we recently had a very disappointing trip to the big CP and didn’t think it could be possible for us to have a bit of luxury whilst away with the kids and dealing with allergies. We cannot wait to return - we will be telling everyone how fantastic it was! Thank you The Fish for letting us have such a wonderful family break and taking such good care of our young son.

Room tip: Park, get a drink, relax!
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2022

My husband & myself wanted to pop out last min to enjoy some sunshine and have a few drinks with our daughter. Upon arrival we were greeted by the most wonderful team member who accommodated us even though the venue capacity was high, she did so with a smile on her face the entire time, nothing seemed too much of an effort, and made us feel entirely welcome.
In addition, with our daughter's tea time fast approaching we decided to stay for some early dinner. We double checked with Robyn on reception and once again with grace and no effort we were seen to a table in the bar with a high chair brought immediately along.

Being new to the area we are thrilled to find a place welcoming of famlies with such friendly staff.

We just wanted to personally say, "Robyn, you made our day and can't thank you enough for making our visit enjoyable, easy & memorable" Thank you

Room tip: Robyn is your go to!
Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 14 April 2022 via mobile

My husband treated me to a stay here last week for my birthday and, even though it was 4hr drive for us, it was worth that and more!
What a beautiful quirky amazing stay.
From the scattered little signs around, to the birthday chocolates, the lovely staff that couldn’t do more for us- everything had been thought of.
Our hideaway hut was gorgeous, with such attention to detail even the flip flops in the basket for the outside hot tub area.
Well stocked on wood for the fires and such a clean, well kept and lovely cabin.
The hot tub was glorious.
The food and drink at the restaurant were fantastic.
And the grounds are beautiful too, stunning views, with walks around- with a room for boots to borrow and maps of walks and even a doggy bath.
Our stay could not have been more perfect- we will be back
Thanks again
Katy& Neil

Room tip: Book well in advance to avoid missing out on this gem
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2022

My partner recently surprised me with a 3 night stay at The Fish Hotel as a 30th Birthday present and from start to finish, we could not have been happier with our visit. This was our second stay at the hotel and just like the first, the service from start to finish was fantastic, as was the delicious breakfast and dinner in the Hook restaurant. We spent the trip staying in a beautiful Hideaway Hut which I cannot recommend highly enough. Cannot wait to return!

Date of stay: March 2022