Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lowest price we found
US$257
View deal
StayForLong
eDreams
Vio.com
1,410 results
All reviews fish sliders stable block veranda room farncombe estate hot tub bar area log burner mussels dog bed dog friendly hotel bar menu sister hotel main building beautiful surroundings from start to finish attention to detail
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2022

Stayed here again in the Shepherds Hut for two nights within the wonderful estate grounds, an excellent, exciting experience different to an ordinary hotel room. The hut was was very nice, featuring woodburner fire, hot tub with great views. Also nice touches, snacks that you would expect from a high end room rate. (Popcorn a nice addition to the burts crisps snacks. Would be nice to have those border biscuits to go with the cup of tea and caramelised peanuts back as were nice with the beers)

Breakfast included and served in the restaurant, ambient atmosphere and aesthetics with chefs cooking and fire places. excellent waited on table service, friendly happy staff. Breakfast consisted of continental buffet with fresh fruit, granola, pastries, juices, cereal and full English breakfast with tea and toast.

Room service, we had burgers ordered to the room which were great.

Not far from Broadway village on foot or by car for other amenities.

Overall enjoyed our visit and would love to stay again for a couple of nights. A nice place to stay offering different experiences, restful and relaxing.

Don’t change what you do it’s great! (Some offers on room rates would be advantageous in line with other hotels in the area such as discounts, on the day room discounts, upgrades offers for that much needed break)

Date of stay: November 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2022

Some people will love this accommodation but for us not so much.
It’s not a hotel in the traditional sense, it’s spread around various buildings. We were in the Outhouse which I think was a block of four ‘suites’. There are a variety of accommodation, huts, tree houses etc. Don’t expect opulence for your £300+ per night. Although clean and neat it was quite basic for the price, a sofa bed in the through room from the bedroom did not make a suite. The noise from next door was awful and being on corner of the car park, a bit more noise.
Reception was not static, the receptionist (who was extremely helpful btw) was wandering, or lodged on various sofas - the modern way I suppose.
We paid £375 per night with £70 towards dinner in the restaurant Hook - it didn’t stretch that far! Dinner was actually very nice but I got the wrong main (they gave me a discount in the bill), sides (ours) were basic, broccoli and boiled pots, the staff are all very casually dressed, jeans, Breton tops, black teas and trainers - not what I’d expect with a £159 bill!!
All in all really disappointed, not relaxing and not a patch on other establishments offering something different with huts etc. unfortunately we were somewhere earlier in the autumn which knocked spots of this place so we were comparing and expecting the same level.
Positives, setting is lovely, nice windy drive through the estate, most of the staff were helpful and the falconry experience was really very good, very knowledgeable and a real treat. No argument with the bill and differences ie wrong meal etc and removing service charge.
There is 10% charge added as mandatory which I hate and would rather add at my discretion.
Sorry not for us and I think they have a lot to learn.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Navigate43059953192
Stephen Browning, General Manager at The Fish Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2022

I'm very sorry that you've left us feeling dissatisfied and I would have welcomed an opportunity to discuss your feedback personally.
I feel that you had expectations of a traditional hotel stay and we would always struggle to meet these. I believe we're very clear over who and what we are and we make no claims whatsoever to be a traditional establishment; quite the opposite in fact and a reason so many of our guests decide to stay time and again.
I'm sorry that you found the room somewhat basic, a personal viewpoint I would suggest given all the extras we include in our small suites and the fact that you had some noisy neighbours is particularly unfortunate - we would have happily intervened had we know this was the case at the time.
I must point out that the 10% service charge is completely discretionary, not mandatory as you state, and this is shared in full across our teams.

Tom Aspey

Reviewed 10 November 2022 via mobile

Third stay in the fish, this time in a treehouse with our dog. Our dog loved the treehouse and grounds and was very happy with the toy left for him. The treehouse was amazing inside but very overlooked outside. It would be great if dogs could stay in the huts.
Room service menu was not as good as on previous stays and still very limited vegan options.
Overall it was a good stay again.

Room tip: Treehouse baths are quite over looked so if looking for privacy go for a hut.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2022 via mobile

Stayed in a suite that isnt a suite . A room with a sofa bed. Too small for a family of four although advertised as such the door to the outside courtyard opens straight into the bedroom so you can be seen as soon as you open the door. The staff are unfriendly Wouldn’t stay here again if you paid me. The sad thing is that the price point is the same as much nicer actual luxury hotels closeby. There was a random light flashing intermittently above our bed. Sure there is a fridge with complimentary drinks but that never replicated good service and nice accommodation!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Tom Aspey, General Manager at The Fish Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2022

Myself and the entire team are very disappointed that you left us feeling so dissatisfied, particularly as we offered numerous alternatives whilst you were with us in the hope of satisfying your requirements. I feel it's very unfair to label the team as unfriendly as nothing could be further from the truth, particularly given the circumstances they were put under whilst trying to accommodate your changing requirements.
I must note that the booking for yourself and your group of friends was made by a PA who was not present during your stay. At the time of booking and on confirmation we were very clear over room size, amenities and suitability for children of all age groups and did our best to move things around for you all when you were with us.

Reviewed 27 October 2022 via mobile

Currently staying in what is described as their bigger suites. Definitely not a suite. It is a room with a sofa bed, not large enough for 4 people as described. No where to hang your clothes. It was such an unpleasant suprise my children said they’d rather drive home! I hate complaining about hotels unless they are really bad. The manager was unhelpful but said she’d feed back. At almost £500 a night, I expected much more!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank DrVivienne

Dear Dr Vivienne,

I have already responded to a review from another in your party. As mentioned we are all very disappointed that you left us feeling so dissatisfied and have decided to share your views here, despite our attempts to meet your requirements when you were with us.
Your group was booked in by a PA that did not attend and we were extremely clear on room size, amenities and suitability for children of all age groups at the time of booking and confirmation.
I feel that your views are subjective to say the least and to comment that any member of the team was unhelpful to any of your party is extremely unfair.

Tom Aspey