Lowest prices for your stay
US$71
US$69
Priceline
US$78
Hotels.comUS$69
TravelocityUS$69
Trip.comUS$94
All reviews overlooking the river town centre good size full english plenty of parking new owners room was large lovely breakfast lovely room family room yogurt evening meal member of staff waterside avon refurbishment rear
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2022 via mobile

Booked this hotel knowing it was an economy room, but did not realise it would be in the old un renovated part of the hotel. We were in room 21 (the hotel have sent me the photos now to confirm, our room did not look like the photo) which is nothing like the photos! It was scruffy, with bright red painted wood chip wall with weird prints on the wall, a cherry in a mouth! The worse thing was to come, no hot water. There was a sign on the toilet to say let it run for 5 minutes, we ran it for a lot longer than that and it was still lukewarm. We paid £76 to stay in this room, we would never have booked if we knew it was such a low standard room. I’m sure the hotel knew when they booked us in it is no longer fit for purpose. We could see the other side of the hotel that looked lovely, they are obviously spending money modernise the other side. It is disappointing to know that we had such a poor experience, I do not like to complain, but it was awful. So, if you book at this hotel make sure it is in the new wing and not room 21! I’m sure it will be stunning when it will be finished

Room tip: Avoid room 21 and the un renovated part
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Operations Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at The Northwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2022

Dear Guest, thanks for your comment and sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. The room you were in is a lower price accommodation. All facilities are fully functional but the room is in our next phase renovation list. As of the price, as a commodity hotel is just like your daily shopping, the price is dictated by supply and demand, and we are proven to be lower than average comparing to similar premises. You might wish to try out superior/premier room or our newly finished duplex suite, which are in different categories and provide much more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2022

We stayed at the Northwick for two nights my sister also stayed the same time we had a standard room through booking.com my sister book straight through the hotel our room was perfectly OK for the two nights the beds were comfortable & the bathroom was very good with the choice of a shower & bath. My sister had an up grade room which showed in the extra cost. On Friday night another sister join us which made eight for an evening meal which was absolutely lovely.the owners were very pleasant & helpful everything was spotless also the breakfast was very good would definitely stay there again perhaps do an upgrade but nothing wrong with our room for a short stay. Thank you to the staff

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 12 October 2021

Stayed her for one night while visiting family in the area. Great location alongside the canal with lovely parks and town within 5 min walk. Hotel was beautifully decorated. I stayed in a Single room which was reasonably priced at £57 including breakfast. Room was spotlessly clean and modern with a lovely hot shower. Breakfast was also very tasty. Staff were friendly and always on hand. In summery I really enjoyed my stay and would defiantly use again!

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2021 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights as a base for exploring the Cotswolds and Vale of Evesham. The hotel is well located alongside the river and easy to get to by car with plenty of parking. It is in the process of being refurbished and, when we were there, the restaurant was only open for breakfast. The rooms were newly decorated in a minimalist style, clean and with comfortable bed. However our stay was marred by several minor, yet annoying, niggles. Our room had a desk and mirror but no lighting in that area making it difficult for my wife to apply makeup. There was no stand for Suitcases meaning we had to kneel on the floor to unpack, likewise no hair dryer (which even Premier Inns provide). Finally, our room’s TV would only work via WiFi, having no aerial connection. This made watching live programmes a complicated mission. I gave up trying to watch Channel 4 News after half an hours struggle with the remote control. Why the hotel could not connect the TV to the aerial which they had on their roof seems bizarre!
Breakfast was cooked to order with guests able to choose seven items from a menu. However, the choice did not include any fruit (tinned or fresh), cereal was limited to cornflakes or fruit and fibre and there was no choice of yogurt flavour. Brown or white bread for toast was available but no croissants or muffins. Again, in comparison with Premier Inn breakfasts, this did not do well and yet it would not be difficult to sort this.
I hope the management read this review and act on the shortcomings as the niggles spoiled what would otherwise have been an enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2021 via mobile

The hotel is currently being renovated so there are some building works but this is of no inconvenience to guests. Staff are polite and restaurant staff attentive and helpful. There is some kind of compressor or boiler that is going all through the night on and off, on and off and it kept waking me. A horrendous noise so there is not much chance of a peaceful nights sleep if you are in a room facing the courtyard. Breakfast was good quality and served al a carte which makes a change from the usual buffet arrangements. Food was freshly prepared and the kitchen staff were clearly on the ball. I would not recommend this hotel for business travellers and contractors. Breakfast is not served till 8am which is too late for those have to be in the office or on site. For this reason I won’t be booking again as I need to be at work. Most hotels I stay in start breakfast at 6 - 6.30 which when business travellers need to be at breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2021