Lowest prices for your stay
US$126
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$126
Official Hotel SiteUS$131
PricelineUS$126
1,529 results
All reviews post office through travelzoo beautiful grounds long drive log fire evening meal wedding venue short break night break reception area bed and breakfast room was large full english breakfast old building enjoyable stay the staff were friendly and helpful lovely room
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 May 2022 via mobile

I stayed at Dumbleton Hall Hotel for 2 nights and am full of praise for the establishment. The setting is really stunning - over looking a lake, rolling countryside with sheep and lambs running around in the fields - very peaceful and tranquil.

Internally the Hotel has some beautiful jacobean decorations - the ceiling in reception. It is clean although a little tired in places - a little refreshing wouldn't go amiss. But, there is so much which is wonderful about the hotel to forgive being a little tired.

The staff are also amazing, very warm welcoming, friendly and respectful. They responded to my foibles and idiosyncrasies with patience and respect for which I really thank them.

I would really recommend at stay at Dumbleton Hall Hotel.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2022

We booked the hotel as we needed somewhere central for all of us (11 in total) to meet and celebrate our Mum's 70th Birthday. From the moment we booked a few months back, communication with the hotel around organizing the celebration was brilliant. The hotel offered family bedrooms which is rare outside of hotel chains, they were of a very good size, with a large double and two twin beds (expected a sofa bed or rollout beds so a lovely surprise). All members of the party commented the next morning on how comfy the beds were and the great linens they were dressed with. We occupied rooms 30,32,37 and 38 and all were modern in decor, very clean, great views and of a great size. In parts a little updating is required but that did not put us off at all, it was probably at the forefront of my mind and I was looking for it as i had taken too much notice of previous reviews on here. It certainly wouldn't stop us from staying again.
We had a lovely 3 course meal in the Clive suite, Food and service was great, honestly all members of staff from all departments couldn't do enough for us. We finished our stay the next morning with a great breakfast, continental to start and then a delicious cooked to order breakfast. Set us up nicely for exploring the stunning grounds and garden. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again and to recommend to others.

2  Thank pebbles5
Reviewed 17 April 2022

This was our first holiday break since the ending of Covid restrictions,so I was even prepared to face the patience-testing trials of the dreaded M25 to head north to the lovely Cotswolds.

We arrived at Dumbleton Hall around 4 pm. You reach the Hall via country roads, passing through the village of Dumbleton. The hotel is set well back from the road, and you have to reach it by driving through grounds used as grazing for a flock of sheep. I dropped speed to almost a walking pace, as many of the large number of lambs seemed to have little concept of the Green Cross Code, and judicious use of brakes and horn were needed to get us up to the hotel that my wife said: 'Looks like a miniature Hogwarts!'
The fullness of the car park showed the popularity of the place, and we managed to squeeze in at a far corner.
The person manning the reception was friendly, efficient and helpful, and we were soon looking for our room.
Although the room was small ( room 17), it was comfortable and spotlessly clean, and leaving my wife sipping a cup of tea, I went off to explore the hotel's extensive grounds. There was a small lake surrounded by old, magnificent trees, neat, well maintained gardens, and a hillside smothered in blooming daffodils, and stocked with wild birds, and pheasant that lifted away in a whirr of wings when I roamed too close.
Breakfast was included in our deal. The dining room staff were exceptional. Like the reception team, they were friendly, efficient, with nothing seeming to be too much trouble. I am something of a fan of the traditional Full English breakfast, and I was very impressed with the version served at the hotel, while my wife tucked happily into the vegetarian version. For those who prefer a lighter start to the morning, a Continental breakfast was also available.
The same excellent service was given to us when we took dinner there. The menu is small, but caters to all tastes, and once again we had a first class meal served by first class staff.
I would certainly go there again.

Room tip: The car park can fill very quickly. Try to get there before mid to late afternoon.
Reviewed 16 April 2022

This is my first review on my new I pad so I hope I am doing it right our room was lovely and the food was delicious but the staff seemed inexperienced albeit very friendly and they brought a fan up too our room beavause I was to hot at night I look forward to staying again perhaps after a refresh off the hotel as it could do with a click of paint od two in a few places thank you we had a lovely stay and will be back

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2022

Beautiful building but obviously the Post Office doesn’t care and has let it go to ruins. What a shame. The entire hall is unloved and not looked after by the owners (the Post Office) who are obviously more interested in making money than looking after a beautiful piece of history. They should not be allowed to have such a beautiful building if they are going to leave it in such a state of disrepair. The food was delicious although there was not much choice, particularly for those with allergies and intolerances. The room I stayed in was tired, with wallpaper peeling off and all the furniture was well past its best. The receptionist who checked me out was very inconvenienced by having to take a starter off my bill that I had been charged for but had not eaten but other than that the staff were wonderful, especially the older ladies in the restaurant. I went for a walk around the grounds and particularly liked seeing the memorial. I booked my stay at the hotel within half an hour of arrival and really can’t fault the staff who had a room ready for me.

Trip type: Travelled solo