Lowest prices for your stay
Official Hotel Site
US$92
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$86
Free cancellation until 15/12/22
Vio.com
US$75
Expedia.comUS$92
Hotels.comUS$92
ZenHotels.comUS$106
1,556 results
All reviews post office through travelzoo beautiful grounds long drive log fire evening meal friends wedding short break night break country house old building reception area bed and breakfast room was large full english breakfast enjoyable stay the staff were friendly and helpful
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2022 via mobile

Wow what a disappointment.

After reviewing the attractive website I booked this hotel naively believing the hotel and the food would match the pictures, at least vaguely.

First impressions of the hotel from the driveway are good but that’s where the positivity ended.

The entrance was weirdly clogged by a mobility scooter (!) and random pieces of mismatched furniture and that set the tone for the whole place; it’s a shabby hotchpotch of random styles, out of place furniture, and landings used as storage areas.

At least the Swedish receptionist seemed friendly, as are most of the staff but it just seems they are lacking in training and coaching on minimum standards- for example one of the waitresses at breakfast was walking around in disposable slippers!

Our room looked like the interior had been designed by a committee of blind octogenarians competing to pull together the most random pieces of furniture, wallpaper and carpets. It was terrible.

The website describes the food in glowing style but my fish and chips tasted like it had been reheated in a microwave and don’t get me started on breakfast… that really was a tour de force of hopeless organisation and abject cooking. The “buffet” area was a complete joke and my Full English featured the world’s smallest sausage and world’s most unappetising bacon.

All in all, an awful experience in an ambitiously-priced room. I so wanted to enjoy my stay but in the end I was thanking my lucky stars I only booked one night and not the whole weekend.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2022

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in early September. We, alongside most people we spoke to, were on some kind of B&B&EM package deal being offered by several different agencies.
The hall and its surroundings present an impressive sight on approach, as you skirt the local cricket pitch and boating lake alongside the long drive leading to the gravelled area surrounding the building. It is easy to see why this is a popular wedding venue.
Internally you are met by tall ceilings, wood panelling, and wonderful cornices around the ceilings.
Our “superior double” room was on the first floor. Whilst it was not huge, it was certainly big enough to accommodate the table and two chairs, and the large chest of drawers, on top of which sat a large tv - in addition to the king sized bed. There were fine views across the parkland outside.
My only minor disappointment was the absence of a bath - but the showere was perfectly OK.
The hotel has been under new ownership since 2021 (there is a fascinating and detailed leaflet outlining the history of the estate dating back AD866!) and it is fair to say that in some areas it needs a bit of TLC. However we were advised that a project of works was scheduled for this coming winter which would address many of these issues. After completion, prices are expected to increase!
The staff were universally helpful and pleasant. The evening meal was very well prepared and tasty. There is a good selection of hot and cold choices for breakfast. Bar/wine prices are not excessive for the quality of the venue.
Overall I would recommend this hotel highly.

Room tip: I suspect that all rooms have fine views; I was advised that the main variable between categories is internal room size,
Date of stay: September 2022
Reviewed 30 August 2022

We stayed at this venue as we were guests at a friends wedding. The Hotel is fantastic and set in the most fabulous grounds, comlete with lake. The hotel itself was wonderful and the staff could not have been more helpful and attentive. The different stages of the day, from the Cermony in the pagoda by the lake, to fizz and nibbles on the terrace, the meal and the evening disco was seamless and the staff unobtrusive. the meal was lovely and hot and the bar sevice very efficient.

The room were very nice and on request a fan was dleivered in minutes. Breakfast was lovely.

A lovely venue which i would thoroughly recommend.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 23 August 2022 via mobile

We went here for mother in laws 93 birthday getaway, from the moment we arrived we were very well looked after. The rooms ( a bit tired) but very comfortable, the rooms had plenty of space, everything you needed. The food was very good, i loved the evening meal and the breakfast. The staff were alway friendly and efficient, they weren’t over priced with the drinks. The grounds are stunning. They do many weddings here, I’m not surprised as it’s a wonderful location. Definitely on the must go back list.

Room tip: Not a problem parking, lots of room. Explore the gardens. Also there is a lift to the 2nd floor.
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2022

It was our 12th anniversary.
The 4 of us - me, my wife and 2 boys - escaped to this lovely hotel 2.5 hours drive roughly from North West London where we live.

We have visited and stayed in Cotswold multiple times and every outing has been superb, we love driving through Costwold.

This was no different.
Hotel is old, situated in lovely open farms.
Our room was nice with a view of the tree and farms in the front.

Drinks bar, seating area for drinks - was beautiful.
Dinner was really tasty - everything made fresh on order.
Breakfast - superb.

We loved every bit of it - it was a full 1 day stay from check in to check out and we didnt leave the place.

Date of stay: July 2022