Evesham Hotel(Evesham)
US$117
Premier Inn Evesham Hotel(Evesham)(Great Value!)
US$74
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
Agoda.com
1,199 results
All reviewsmain buildingpear tree mewsroll top bathprincess louiseafternoon teagames roomseparate buildingbeautiful hotelmalvern hillssconescream teabar menuour wedding anniversarycourse mealhuge bathroomrestaurant managergardens are beautiful
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Room was roomy, great view overlooking the grounds.
But the menu choice in the restaurant wasn’t great, and afternoon tea left us disappointed.
We had not pre- ordered afternoon tea and were told that there may be a short delay, which we didn’t mind when it arrived the sandwiches had obviously been sitting in a fridge for quite sometime and the scones were not the freshest. The offering also contained a couple of little cakes again very cold but quite pleasant the little jar of custard with a strawberry on top ( why ! ). I would stay at this hotel again bed was comfy good breakfast but I would pass on afternoon tea.

Stayed: September 2017
SSweeny, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear sueywong, Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience of The Wood Norton and hope to welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards, Steven.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I booked this as a surprise for my new hubby. We were impressed upon arrival the hotel and grounds are stunning and well kept. We were allocated the Hallett suite which is huge and spotless with large very comfortable bed. Our package included the 7 course taster meal, full afternoon tea and dinner on the second night in the brasserie. The 7 course taster meal was an experience, the food served was beautifully presented and our waitress was very friendly and professional. Unfortunately there was a wedding being held here which led to a 45 minute delay between two of the courses. We didn't mind as it gave us an opportunity to stretch our legs. We enquired on check in about booking afternoon tea on the following day (Saturday) and were advised we didn't need to book, just arrive between 12 and 4.30 which we did only to be told we have no booking. The barman went to check with the chef and we were advised there was no cake so they could only offer cream tea. A trip to reception and a word with the manager resulted in cake being magically produced but no tea was ever offered. They said it was something to do with our names being crossed off the list but I suspect chef is a bit precious and couldn't cope with wedding and regular hotel guests. The hotel seriously need to address this. That said breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice (unless you want eggs that are not poached and taste a bit weird) and dinner in the brasserie was also lovely but unfortunately I was taken ill during the meal and had to skip desert. A further point about weddings here, the music in the orangery is far too loud for far too late in the evening. I'm just glad I had brought my ear plugs! Overall a lovely stay with some niggles that need addressing.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Rachael B, Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologise that we did not meet expectation in all areas and will be sure to share your feedback with the relevant team members so that we can continue to improve our service offering moving forwards. I do hope to welcome you back in the near future, Kind regards, Steven.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

My wife booked this as our "minimoon" (as she liked to call it) weekend. The location is lovely with excellent views. And even though there was a main road less than 500 yards away you wouldn't of know it. On our first night we had the 7 course taster menu, and although the food was beautifully presented, it really wasnt for us. Don't get me wrong, most of what we had was delicious, but when it came to the cucumber foam pre dessert, well lets just say it is an acquired taste. Our waitress for the evening, Magda, was helpful and pleasant throughout the evening.
The following day we opted for breakfast in bed and can say we thoroughly enjoyed it and it set us up for our day ahead. The evening meal was had in the brasserie and again the food was delicious. The waiters attentive and on the ball. The only downside to our stay was the afternoon tea. First we were told that we hadn't booked and that our name wasn't on the list, then to be told that there were no scones and Chef had finished for the afternoon. A quick visit to reception and some really helpful members of staff (I'm sorry but the only name I can remember was Josh) soon remedied the situation.........almost. My wife and I sat down for sandwiches and cake, but the tea was not forthcoming. My wife didn't really mind as she drinks neither tea of coffee.
On the whole it was a really lovely experience for us both and only the afternoon tea incidence stopped me from giving it top marks.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear seafercat, Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience of The Wood Norton and hope to welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards, Steven.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Other reviewers have mentioned the noise in room 302 of the Pear Tree Mews annexe. I have to say that they were fully justified in complaining and if the management read these reviews surely they will either de-commission this room or do something about the noisy equipment just outside the window. Luckily, my wife and I always carry wax ear plugs with us when we're staying in an hotel to avoid being woken by late-night revellers and banging of room and corridor doors in the early hours. With the ear plugs in place we both had a good night's sleep.
The bar prices are eye-wateringly expensive even for a hotel of this quality. Unless I mis-understood, a large glass of red wine = £9.80. A double G&T was less than that!
On the plus side, the place is spotlessly clean and the waiting staff attentive and friendly, although one of our breakfast orders was omitted until we made a query. The food is nouvelle cuisine which won't suit some guests, but it was tasty.

Room Tip: Not room 302
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Nothard2please46, Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologise that we did not meet expectation in all areas, but can ensure you that your feedback has been taken onboard. I do hope to welcome you back in the near future, Kind regards, Steven.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The Wood Norton was an breath taking place to stay. The hotel was fabulous and the staff were excellent. Restaurant was top quality and the grounds were beautiful. Overall highly recommended. History of the place was interesting.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Rod K, Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience of The Wood Norton and hope to welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards, Steven.