US$96
US$63
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

US$126
US$119
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Evesham Hotel(Evesham)(Great Value!)
US$52
The Royal Oak(Evesham)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,201 results
All reviewsmain buildingpear tree mewsroll top bathprincess louiseafternoon teagames roomseparate buildingbeautiful hotelmalvern hillssconescream teabar menuour wedding anniversarycourse mealhuge bathroomrestaurant managergardens are beautiful
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed there last Thursday...it was a voucher we were given in the summer from family for our 2 big birthday s! It was quiet so we were upgraded!! Fabulous room! Dorothee themed room!!! Huge bathroom underfloor heating but didn't really understand the pouffe in the corner!?We did the taster 7 course in the kitchen!! Magda served us...what a delightful lady attentive respectful a credit to you!!! And finally breakfast hot!! That's rare!! And touched the spot quality sourced products...are your sausages lashford? All in all a great date night for a couple of old codgers xx

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
SSweeny, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear johneg9, Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience of The Wood Norton and hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Steven.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

The place turned out to be a gem. A true old 'Downton Abbey' style country house. We spent the first day slowly driving down stopping off in Bridgnorth to stare at steam trains and wander through the market town (we like markets and this was a nice little one). Later that afternoon we arrived at the hotel and were very impressed by the big airy room. It was like a mini suite with comfy sofa and chairs, coffee tea and water on the dresser, good natural light for Mrs Benson to do her makeup, nice view of the entrance drive to the hotel from our room window and a spacious bathroom.......just the job.

This is a hotel that caters for big wedding parties and has a dedicated party venue in the grounds, far enough from the main hotel to not impinge on our relaxing break but it keeps the hotel busy most of the time. Thankfully the wedding going on when we were there did not affect us as most of the party were in rooms in the new block away also from the main hotel. We did see them during the day using the hotel bar for an aperitif before the wedding breakfast and again in the morning at breakfast so don't worry about noise to much it was well managed with the evening event finishing at midnight.

Did I mention the food........no........well that was great! On the first night we eat in the restaurant and the atmosphere and service second to none, food wise really tasty and all fresh ingredients. The soup was served in a cast iron mini cauldron (nice touch!), the steak to follow just perfection and the sweets splendid. Breakfast the following day was perfect for me a freshly prepared cooked breakfast (not buffet style for the cooked stuff) and Mrs Benson (the health conscious one) all the best in fresh fruits, muesli and other such stuff. It was all set in the oak panelled dining room looking out on to the beautiful grounds. To to walk it off we wandered in the formal garden to the side of the hotel. Before heading out we had a coffee in onother oak panelled reception room and chatted to some guest who suggested a trip to the beautiful cotswold village of Broadway. So we went, and with the sunny weather it was great (a real chocolate box cover of a place). We took these peoples advice and called in to the Lygon Arms for a little light refreshment and that again was perfect.

On returning to the hotel we had a couple of drinks in the bar and a chat to the nice young guys behind the bar then turned in. I couldn't resist the big cooked breakfast again in the morning and a wander around the grounds. We checked out late in the morning and set off to Ironbridge to visit that little town on our way home.

A perfect trip away with good food and a relaxed atmosphere, just the job to recharge the batteries.

Stayed: October 2017

Dear ianbenhyde, Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience of The Wood Norton and hope to welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards, Steven.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We came here for a 2 night break to celebrate my partner’s Birthday. I booked this deal through Voyage Privé.

We had a lovely 2nd floor bedroom in the main hall overlooking the Worcestershire countryside towards Bredon Hill.

We were rather surprised to find dead flies and wasps in the bay window area of our bedroom. The receptionist said this had been a problem being in the middle of the countryside. She resolved the problem immediately, was very apologetic and there was no further cause for concern.

The bedroom was well appointed, tastefully decorated and was spacious. A lovely large bed, although I found the mattress rather soft,

The bathroom was equally spacious. The power of the shower was amazing. However, around the bath the grouting could have been refreshed.

We had a three course dinner from the set menu on the first night. I had pigeon Breast followed by chicken. Then a pudding that included pear parfait. They all looked wonderful and tasted delicious. My partner chose wild mushrooms for his Starter. He enjoyed it very much. His main course was breaded plaice. My partner said it didn’t taste like plaice and was very ordinary. He told me his dessert of apple and blackberry Mille-Feuille tasted phenomenal.

The breakfasts tasted OK. My partner particularly enjoyed the bacon. I liked the jams, preserves and being able to eat honey from the honeycomb. I saw hives in the grounds and assumed the honey was from this.

We found all the staff were very friendly and helpful. They appeared young. The bar tender told me that all the staff were young and the deputy manager was around 20. They are a credit to the hotel. It was good to soak up their enthusiasm.

We found the hotel very quiet, I suggested that having a swimming pool or spa might attract more people. I am lead to understand that this might be in the pipeline.

The hotel’s specialism seems to be ‘weddings’. However as individual guests we had a good time.

Stayed: November 2017

Dear sunrise99, Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience of The Wood Norton and hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Steven.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

My wife and I have just left the Wood Norton after a two night stay for our daughters wedding. We can not thank the all the staff and the wonderful Sandy the hotels wedding planner for a faultless stay . After a long time in planning in which Sandy couldn’t do enough for us and making the whole thing as pleasurable and easy as possible. The day was Amazing completely stress free for all. Everyone we spoke to said they had a fantastic day . If you are looking for a venue for your wedding we can highly recommend the Wood Norton , Faultless. Once again thank you all for a fantastic experience from start to finish .

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Tony H, Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that your daughter chose The Wood Norton as her wedding venue, and that you were all able to enjoy a wonderful celebration. I will ensure I pass on your excellent feedback to Sandie and the team, and hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Steven.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Room was clean and comfortable and service was very good. All staff were polite and helpful. The main hotel is a joy for anyone who loves wood panelling. The breakfasts were a little disappointing as food seemed to have been pre-cooked and kept warm a little too long. It is a shame that there we not lighter/simpler evening meals available in the bar as those on offer were only those available in the main restaurant and these were relatively expensive.

Views from the hotel were excellent to the SW but spoiled somewhat by the building site next door, this should improve once the building works is completed.

Overall and enjoyable stay

Would we return?.... YES

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank ozziemog

Dear ozziemog, Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience of The Wood Norton and hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Steven.