Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$119
Trip.comUS$131
TravelocityUS$131
TraveluroUS$135
1,559 results
All reviews main building pear tree mews roll top bath princess louise molton brown toiletries afternoon tea beautiful hotel cream tea scones bar menu wedding party restaurant manager following morning original features gardens are beautiful course meal interesting history
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2022 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful and set in stunning grounds with panoramic views .
The bedroom was spacious and the bed extremely comfortable .
The full English breakfast was very good and staff friendly and attentive.

However …….
The room was very poorly lit , even one of the lamps provided was not working
The curtains although well made did not appear to have been made for the window as they did not meet in the middle and when we tried to draw them the right hand one came away from the end . The pelmet was not fixed at either end and looked very untidy
In order to use the hairdryer it was necessary to plug in an extension lead ( not what one would expect in a four star hotel )
China cups were provided but no saucers . The china became so hot that it was almost impossible to hold the cup .
The bathroom was a good size and quality toiletries were provided. However the sink was not properly fixed and wobbled on its pedestal- very disconcerting !
Most of these points are minor adjustments and really should be addressed in order to meet the standard expected in a four star hotel

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paige Yates, Guest Services / Front Office at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2022

Dear Hilruc,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience of The Wood Norton, but apologise that we did not meet all of your expectations on this occasion. I would like to assure you that we take all feedback onboard and will review internally with our teams.

Please be assured that we are fully committed to delivering an outstanding guest experience here at The Wood Norton.

Reviewed 6 March 2022

We stayed in room 108 which was a Queen Room. The room itself was very spacious and the bed was one of the best I've slept on whilst away from home. The bathroom was gorgeous, roll top bath and huge shower. The Molton Brown toiletries were a luxurious touch.

There was a wedding on which added a nice atmosphere to the bar area and the grounds. I would like to return in summer to make use of the outdoor space as it was lovely.

We dined in the brasserie, food and service scored highly. Treated ourselves to three courses, each one as nice as the last (pictures included).

We only encountered only one issue, the room was very warm so we had them turn off any heating completely. I like a cool breeze and the windows do not open and it was still fairly warm so we asked for fan. The staff were quick to offer us the ability to change rooms if we'd prefer as they wanted to ensure we had a good night's sleep. We were more than happy with a fan but it did show great customer care.

Breakfast again I would score very highly, good selection and the food quality was great. The scrambled eggs were delicious.

All in all a very pleasant stay, thank you to all the staff.

Date of stay: March 2022

Dear staceytG4628RX,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive comments,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience of The Wood Norton and we look forward to welcoming you back this summer,

Reviewed 28 February 2022 via mobile

This could be a superb hotel. Beautiful old building and location - but -
Very comfortable bed and welcome Molton brown toiletries. However , the television was unwatchable due to its location in the room , the furniture was of a very low standard and there were no inexpensive extras , such as a notepad and pen. In addition, the sockets were such that to switch on the kettle , I had to use a multiple socket placed in the floor under the tv

The dining room is beautiful, wood panelled , but let down by cheap ‘ modern ‘ furniture. The young waiters wore grubby creased shirts. Whtn we asked for toast , we were given one slice each !! Water in a glass, not a jug - fresh from the tap. No ice or lemon offered.

Please don’t reply with a platitude.

We won’t be returning !

Date of stay: February 2022

Dear Stephanie o,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I am sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations on this occasion. I would like to assure you that we take all feedback onboard and will review internally with our teams.

Reviewed 24 February 2022 via mobile

I purchased an afternoon tea for my inlaws and fiancee too wood Norton so they could experience the best of British. My inlaws live overseas and this was their first ever holiday and visit to the UK.

Unfortunately I encountered problems from the start with their website showing out of date pricing and receiving a voucher for 2 instead of the 3 I paid for. After a phone call and further emails this became an issue on the day, the Wood Norton couldn't even get the booking right.

I will list the challenges for ease:
Party had to ask for Champagne which was part of the package and wasn't provided.
No cutlery given with the food (how basic!)
No check to see if the food was OK or they wanted drinks.

Then the coup to gras of the staff trying to charge for an additional person who was part of the original booking. I had my fiance have to phone me so I could confirm what I had paid and even when! All this whilst I was at work thinking what a lovely time they must be having....

#should have sent them to beefeater

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Paige Yates, Guest Services / Front Office at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2022

Dear N4416SHbenw,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I would like to assure you that we take all feedback received very seriously and will review internally with our teams.

Reviewed 21 February 2022 via mobile

My husband booked a night here for us to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Beautiful buildings and grounds. Very friendly check in although we had a package booked including a cream tea for the two of us which my husband had forgotten was included (his fault, not the staff) but there was no mention of this other than our dinner reservation for that evening. It may have been nice for us to have been prompted and informed where this would have taken place. Our room was very clean and spacious although I was slightly disappointed that there was no bath even though it stated on the booking that a bathtub was in the room. The bed was very comfortable though and heating kicked in very quickly as the room was slightly cold when we arrived. We had dinner in the restaurant that evening- I can highly recommend the Cote de Beuf, there was plenty of it and it was cooked to perfection. The service was very pleasant too. Breakfast the next morning was plentiful, excellent buffet area with a decent choice of cooked food too, again, staff extremely pleasant. Overall I would highly recommend and would love to visit again in the future.

Room tip: Be aware if you are unsteady on your feet that the parking is a slightly steep walk away but there is a drop off point outside reception.
Date of stay: February 2022

Dear clairepx,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive comments,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience of The Wood Norton,

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,