Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$119
Trip.comUS$130
TravelocityUS$131
Agoda.comUS$130
1,559 results
All reviews main building pear tree mews roll top bath princess louise molton brown toiletries afternoon tea beautiful hotel cream tea scones bar menu wedding party restaurant manager following morning original features gardens are beautiful course meal interesting history
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2022 via mobile

I will start with saying this is a beautiful place and has so much potential. Its a nice building within beautiful grounds. On Saturday just gone the weather was beautiful and we sat outside in the garden with nice stretching views of the countryside.
The room was spacious but it wasn’t properly cleaned.
Hats off to the chef the food was delicious but the waitresses just nearly spoiled it for us.
Most of the staff are a younger generation which was nice to see but they were left to their own devices. This meant that at times the service was lacking and chaotic. From ckeck in to check out it felt like experience and training was lacking.
Service was confused and slow; this was a theme throughout. We ordered drinks and because staff were playing we were given wrong orders at the bar. They continued with childish and some stupid behaviour even if guests were waiting to be served
Attention to detail is lacking and guests who came in last were served first. It was nice to watch when not us but frustrating at the same when it was our turn.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paige Yates, Guest Services / Front Office at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2022

Dear kwehlule,

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion,

Please be assured that we are fully committed to delivering an outstanding guest experience here at The Wood Norton.

Reviewed 2 May 2022 via mobile

We visited for one night for my partners 40th and we have come away with mixed feelings about this place.
Its a truly beautiful building with many original features. The gardens have some lovely flowers and plants.
Our room was tastefully decorated with the most comfortable king sized bed. The bathroom needed a bit of an update, mainly the bath which was old and chipped but the shower above it was really powerful. Sink was really slow to drain.
One thing that bothered me was the decor. Some of it in keeping with the property but it was then mixed in with modern cheap feeling bits. The bar area is an example of this. I couldn't understand why anyone would choose fish wallpaper in what should be such an elegant period property.
Staff in the main were friendly but perhaps not as attentive or interested as they should be.
Our evening meal was a real disappointment. My partner ordered rib eye steak which at £32 we were expecting something really good but it was not unfortunately. We did mention this to the waitress who spoke with a manager who offered to reduce cost by 50% which we accepted. My pate came without any toast, I told a different waitress but she different offer to go and get it and in the end i asked for some bread. We were told that the usual chef wasn't cooking and that the food is usually different. The breakfast was really great though and we really enjoyed our full English. But we had to ask for tea spoons, the toast arrived without butter but we weren't told about the area tucked away around the corner with pastries, cereals etc so only noticed after 10 mins after watching other guests going out that the butter might be out there! I think more attention to detail is needed here by staff, things kept tidier around the hotel and in the gardens and all the modern tat replaced by tasteful furniture and fittings! It's a shame as this hotel has some lovely features but it's not quite right and it could be fantastic!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Rubymurray30,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience of The Wood Norton, but apologise that we did not meet expectation in all areas.

We take all feedback very seriously and assure you that we are committed to delivering an outstanding guest experience.

I hope to welcome you back in the future,

Reviewed 23 April 2022 via mobile

Booked overnight stay due to attending a friend's wedding. Room was tidy and comfortable although the heating had been left on flat out and the windows left open. This was easily sorted and not an issue. Bed was large and comfortable. Breakfast the following morning was plentiful and dining room staff were a delight. All in all a good experience. So it saddens me to say that it was ruined as we checked out. Staff at reception had already dealt with another customer querying their bill. Having already paid I did not expect any such issues. How wrong I was. I was informed I had not paid. And would have to pay now before I could leave. When I had booked, I was assured that although no confirmation email would be sent it was definitely booked, in fact the bride had checked for me previously. However I had no evidence on me, and the attitude of the staff was that it was my issue. On returning home I located evidence and attempted to contact them to no avail. I emailed, to no avail. It was only due to the bride contacting the wedding organiser, Katie, that I received an apology and a refund. However, I will never use or recommend this establishment again. They ruined a lovely memory, took my valuable time to resolve the issue. As they consider themselves a luxury establishment I would expect more in the way of customer service rather than inconveniencing their customers. I have received quicker and better service from staff in establishments known more for convenience than luxury, perhaps The Wood Norton hotel could look to them for tips

Room tip: Make sure you have all you documents to hand if prepaid, check your bill carefully for additional gratuities added to different elements of your bill
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Debbie M,

Reviewed 21 April 2022

Following postponement of our anticipated holiday, we booked a 2-night deal at Wood Norton. We were delighted with the hotel, it was clean and beautifully furnished. A lovely wedding venue with neat gardens, outside seating and good photographic opportunities.

The staff were helpful and attentive and always friendly. We opted for an Executive Room which was actually a small suite with separate bathroom and seating area. The bed was comfortable - always a bonus with hotels - and the room delightfully furnished.

We ate in the restaurant both evenings and could not fault the food. Yes, they were a little pricey but given the deal we secured, this was acceptable. Breakfast was popular but the staff coped well and maintained good rapport with the guests.

We would definitely book this hotel again and certainly recommend to others.

Room tip: We choose an Executive Double which turned out to be a small suite; a nice surprise!

Dear alisonc586,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive comments,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience of The Wood Norton and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Reviewed 19 April 2022

Was at the hotel recently for a wedding. Being charged £6.50 for a large lime and soda was beyond belief and as was £17.50 for a double gin and tonic!! The room regardless of requests had hot pipes running through it on a warm spring evening, sleeping not easy! Staff were just not trained, Lady who ran the restaurant was not particularly friendly at breakfast, the continental buffet breakfast was not replenished continually and overall the food was average. Dirty glasses not cleared away in the gardens and when they were by staff who had just come in and had their winter coats on. I could go on. Beautiful location with overall poor expensive service.

Dear SBrewer1959,