Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$98
US$91
US$100
Hotels.comUS$100
TravelocityUS$100
Agoda.comUS$101
1,584 results
All reviews main building pear tree mews roll top bath princess louise molton brown toiletries afternoon tea separate building beautiful hotel cream tea scones wedding party bar menu restaurant manager following morning original features course meal gardens are beautiful
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2022 via mobile

Had my wedding at this venue last year, venue and grounds are beautiful, staff are rude and unhelpful. All of my guests booked out all the rooms within the hotel and the separate building, should of all had breakfast the venue had not catered for this many guests and the chef came out to complaint to the reception staff as he was not warned of this many guests yet we had booked our rooms out at least 10 months before our wedding date!! They was well aware of this. My guests left feeling frustrated and hungry. I then wrote a complaint after my wedding and did not receive a response. I planned my whole wedding with Katie the wedding co-ordinator . I went to the venue the day before my wedding and Katie said she would see me in the morning for my big day. Unaware I had a different lady turn up on my big day asking for the music, I said where is Katie, Paige said I am covering your wedding I said this is the first I have heard of this, I planned my whole day with someone else and then on the day someone else turned up, I was not happy. There was not much I could do about this on the day as I just wanted to enjoy it as much as possible!

I have wrote an email of complaint and still not heard nothing of this.

My husband recently booked for us to stay here for my wedding anniversary nothing has change and they are still accepting big weddings and are unable to Carter for this. There was a wedding on when we stayed here again the next morning for breakfast I asked four different people for some tea and coffee. I had to wait 45 mins. I understand places are busy but they just can’t cope with the volume of guests which they book in! The prices are extortionate as well!

It’s sad to think that the venue I got married at should bring happiness but it doesn’t! It bring stress and anxiety instead! I will not be staying here for another anniversary. I would also recommend anyone thinking of getting married here to rethink that decision. It’s has beautiful grounds but your special day needs to be well organised and someone to take control properly this venue does not provide those things. We also had bbq menu for the evening guests and they brought the burgers out and did not provide any baps!! This is embarrassing! If I had to do my day again I wouldn’t of chosen this venue!!!

Date of stay: September 2022
2  Thank jodiecO6417XW
Paige Yates, Guest Services / Front Office at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2022

Dear jodiecO6417XW,

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion,

Please be assured that we are fully committed to delivering an outstanding guest experience here at The Wood Norton.

Reviewed 2 September 2022 via mobile

I’d booked a country escape package, which included a cream tea, I had emailed and confirmed with two people that we’d pay extra and go for an afternoon tea. I was advised this was booked in. When we arrived they had no notes of this, and said one couldn’t be made but we could have the cream tea. It was very disappointing as this was an anniversary stay away which had been booked well in advance. The scones with the cream tea were so hard and tasted a bit stale, and we had to go back and ask for tea. The food at dinner was delicious though, however the service was all over the place. We were asked about our food but the waitress had walked away, everything felt very rushed, no true interaction with the customer. There was a wedding on to, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. At breakfast no one cleared our plates so we ended up stacking them and eating the cold things around them. The room was lovely, and the bed was very comfy. I did send an email advising of the disappointment with the booking and the dinner service but didn’t have a response. For a luxury hotel, the service really doesn’t match it.

1  Thank danitheman2016

Dear danitheman2016,

Reviewed 26 August 2022

Wow where do i start. Waste of time and money. This a gift to my wife for 2 people for £60.
We arrived showed into lounge area by the bar we ordered a couple of drinks as we were a little early .
Two pots of tea arrived and we suggested we should have that with the afternoon tea..
Tea arrived and it was awful samdwiches very very bland as were the cakes scone over baked jam was not fresh it came in a sealed breakfast jar.
No one came to ask how everything was.
In fact all you could hear was the sound of three female staff and a male member of staff berating other people very loudly.
Not very professional.
Other afternoon tea guests were on the terrace outside cannot understand why we were not outside too.
Very disappointed by attitude of staff.
Just thought we were dumped in the lounge
My wifes colleagues from the NHS would be mortified as it was part of a retirement gift.
Not asked if had any allegeries or whether we wanted tea topped up.

Dear K6148MDdavidf,

Reviewed 25 August 2022

Saw this place advertised when we were looking for somewhere to break our journey. The setting was beautiful and the lounge area was delightful.
We asked at the bar if we could order a drink and maybe some lunch.
Drinks were a bit expensive, but for the setting worthwhile. Unfortunately our review is only 2 stars because of the staff. We tried to attract the attention of a young girl to order some lunch, she appeared reluctant to help but did take our order. My husband was asking about his dietary requirements and she appeared to roll her eyes and sucked in a breath as though impatient. The food was pleasant but unfortunately our enjoyment was affected by this one individual. We asked at the bar for her name and were told she was new, as though that was an excuse. We suggest someone speaks to Lauren about her customer service, it was most off putting. I have emailed the hotel, without response.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SloaneSquared

Dear SloaneSquared,

Reviewed 14 August 2022 via mobile

We stayed here in August 2022 en route to Chester.

Whilst the main building is impressive, our hotel rooms were very ordinary. We had two rooms, one of which was very warm and muggy. Both rooms had incredibly hard pillows, one room had a shower that dropped all night long. The walls were also thin enough that we could hear everything from the rooms next door.

On those subject of noise, we were there when a wedding was on. We weren’t warned about this, and one of the rooms looked out onto the wedding and there was persistent noise (mainly loud music) until gone 12:30am (despite the hotel saying it would finish at 11pm). I have no objection to noisy weddings, but the hotel is big enough that the can locate non wedding guests away from the noise (one of the rooms couldn’t hear it at all, the other couldn’t sleep!).

Worse than the noise was the service (or lack thereof) at breakfast. We had to ask for our drinks and toast three times and the restaurant is hugely understaffed.

The staff at the hotel are generally uncaring and don’t listen to feedback.

Would not recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Paige Yates, Guest Services / Front Office at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2022

Dear EonzOfZaphod,