US$164
Black Boy Inn(Caernarfon)
US$132
US$94
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

YHA Snowdon Pen-Y-Pass(Caernarfon)(Great Value!)
US$53
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ty Dre Town House(Caernarfon)
US$88
US$86
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$101
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Caernarfon Hotel(Caernarfon)(Great Value!)
US$58
Travelodge
US$110
1,132 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiescoach partiessauna and steam roomlovely hotelcoach tripswimming poolbuffet stylegood sizeevening mealreception areapublic areasnorth walesdouble bedtown centrecaernarfon castlefamily roomlarge room
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a coach tour and this review was going to be 5 star all the way. A large hotel we were given a friendly greeting on arrival and are room on the third floor was large, comfy and had everything we needed and the ensuite was spacious had a window, very hot water and large bath towels. Breakfast was a very good buffet and our two evening meals were excellent but we were booked in for Mothers Day Sunday lunch before we departed the hotel and oh dear did it fall apart - we were served chicken, a great disappointment to myself as I don't like any poultry and tw members of our group who are vegetarians. We were not offered any alternative so asked for empty plates to just have vegetables, the roast potatoes were very good but for me the other vegetables were extremely hard a couple of them being barely cooked.a huge disappointment

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 70ish
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My partner had requested flowers and wine to be in the room as a surprise for me for when we arrived. On getting to the room I was disappointed, at reception the hotel looked grand the furniture and decor was lovely so it was disappointing to see the room. There was an extra bed next to our double which just looked as if we were in a hostel. I asked to be moved to a double room with no extra beds not looking at the car park. No flowers or wine was there. We had booked for a romantic break and was behind a long line of coach trippers. At breakfast your allocated a space. we didn’t have our own table we were sat with a family which I found strange. Staff on reception were very helpful but service staff were very quiet and robotic. Unsure whether they didn’t speak English or were just petrified of guests. Food was nice though! We chose not to eat in the dining area because of the lack of privacy, it felt canteeny and instead used the bar area as you can order food in there and it’s a lot more personal. Hotel is lovely when you walk in and the bar was lively later on. Pool was lovely too and changing areas were clean. If I was to return I would request a nicer room. Also stindgy with the milk and coffee, no water in the room so be prepared if you have an alcoholic drink to make sure you take some fluids back to the room. You can get a shot glass of orange with breakfast and coffee. I’m mixed on my visit, had a lovely weekend as it’s a beautiful little town but the amount of coach trips that are in and out, I think has removed their personal touch or dehumanised guests, and all guests are just that. Really nice stay and once moved the room we got was nice enough just no personal feeling there in comparison to other hotels I’ve stayed at. Location is spot on local pubs and shops were great the staff there were what the hotel needed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dollerhead
celticroyalhotel, Public Relations Manager at Celtic Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay. We will take your points on board with regard to the milk etc in your room. Had you asked for a larger glass at breakfast for your juice we would have been more than happy to assist.

Customer Care Dept

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Nice old fashioned hospitality where I felt welcomed. Excellent gym and swimming pool which after eating in this lovely town with an amazing castle you will need to work those calories off. Emil the waiter at breakfast provided excellent service and the food was lovely. I will definitely return because there is so much to see in the area. Could see Anglesey from our room and it was lovely and warm in contrast to the snowy cold weather outside..

Room Tip: We were on the top floor with a sea view. Lovely to see the weather change from the bedroom window.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrMaitland
celticroyalhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Celtic Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for such positive feedback, we hope you return in the near future.

Customer Care Dept.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Great Sunday dinner here, a fantastic carvery, staff are very helpful and polite, you are made to feel welcome and nothing is trouble for the staff. The food is very nice and you can help yourself to a good quantity of food, it`s very clean and the tables are laid out nicely. The only bother I have is that the waiters cannot wait to take away your plate once your finished, this has happened a few times now, I hadn't finished chewing and the plate was taken, also people sitting with me had not even finished their meals, I thought it was good manners not to clear the table until everyone has finished?

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank guy301
celticroyalhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Celtic Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear Guy,

Thank you for your review. We were pleased to read your compliments of the meals and staff.

We would like to apologise for the issue you mentioned and will ensure that all staff are spoken to so that this does not happen again in future

Kind Regards
Customer Care Department

Reviewed 24 February 2018

This hotel is huge, so don't expect too much personal service, however, I stayed here for a short break and could find fault with nothing. Everywhere is immaculate, the breakfasts, which were from a self-service table, were fine, although not freshly cooked to order. The catering is for large numbers so everything appears to be cooked in bulk. Don't expect "runny" egg yolks. Quantities are generous and there is a wide range of health foods, cereals etc.
The breakfast dining room is spacious
Bedrooms and bathrooms are immaculate and very comfortable. The public areas are characterful, superbly furnished and decorated with lots of quiet, comfortable corners to relax in.
Considering the size of the hotel, everything appears efficient, the staff friendly and helpful and the cost of my stay an absolute snip.
The hotel has a good size car park and is close to the town centre and castle etc. Caernarfon is an excellent centre for touring.
The Royal has got things right for its target clientele I strongly recommend it.

Room Tip: The place has three floors, so take note if you have walking difficulties (there is lift, but still steps to climb beyond the lift)
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jrdo5959

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, we were delighted to read your praise of the Celtic Royal Hotel and we hope you will visit us again

Kind Regards