All reviews will return soon sunday lunch lovely lunch excellent food melt in the mouth roast potatoes the pub meal waitress scrummy mustard portions usk
Reviewed 5 May 2013

What a fantastic lunch. Local seasonal ingredients well cooked. Service was exceptional the welsh lady maitre d was wonderful and the two young lady waitresses where sweet. I would recommend the Foxhunter to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jayne W
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This was a nice restaurant with good decor but the service and food was a bit of a let down. The starters were quite small for the price, and having ordered one main off the menu was told that it was a different cut of meat to that advertised on the menu, which probably should have been mentioned when we sat down to order. The staff seemed quite young and inexperienced. Water was just left on the table, and the wine to the side, with no attempt to pour, we were left to sort ourselves out.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gotravelling76
Reviewed 3 March 2013

For this visit to The Foxhunter, I stayed in the cottage (a first time for me). 2 really comfortable nights in this cosy building complete with a gorgeous log-burner. Perfect for a romantic break, the cottage has all you need, and being just a few doors away from the restaurant, it is an ideal place to stagger to after a few glasses of wine!

This would be an amazing place to stay in the Summer - enjoying a chilled white wine on the rear patio before walking to The Foxhunter for a memorable meal. Then back to the cottage and a relaxing drink in the warm evening air before going to sleep on the extremely comfortable bed.

3 wonderful lunches and 2 amazing dinners at The Foxhunter - I will always try something new here, and I have never been disappointed. My thanks to Lisa & Matt + all the team - a memorable 3 days. x

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Have avoided reviewing this location until others in our party could reflect on their experiences from mid Dec 2012. The restaurant was not quite half full for the Saturday evening service and whilst we were seated in a timely manner the wait for taking our order was extensive. Drinks eventually arrrived followed by the first courses. My scallops were good, my wifes terrine was tasteless. oh well, next! Again my beef was good, vegetables crisp but miniscule in quantity.. two were served with pink duck which despite requesting 'well done' at time of ordering was so pink it refused to leave the skin without a fight. It appears you got what chef decided you would have and no arguing, sound familiar? Sea bass was tasty apparently though not sizeable. Hit and miss so far sorry to say, questioning at this point how so many good reviews and newpaper reviews at that could laud an establishment that in our opinion was loosing its way.
Well we finished with reasonable desserts, and then paid up (at £60 per head) having seen neither chef nor many waiting staff during the period, and went our sorry ways, poorer but wiser after the hype, not to return, plenty of other places to experience in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chris73HerefordUK
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Greeted by friendly staff who always seemed more than happy to help, perfect and delicious sunday lunch choices with the best rice pudding my son has apparently ever tasted! Great for kids as well, flexibility from the kitchen gave them "awesome" food.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family