US$95
  • Breakfast included
Kings Arms(Abergavenny)
US$103
  • Breakfast included
Premier inn Abergavenny Hotel(Llanfoist)(Great Value!)
US$80
PremierInn.com
US$81
  • Restaurant
Plas Derwen(Abergavenny)
US$116
The Lamb & Flag Inn(Llanwenarth)
US$69
US$74
US$100
  • Restaurant
All reviewssunday lunchwill return soonlovely lunchexcellent foodroast potatoesthe pubmealwaitressscrummyportionsusk
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My wife and I have lunch every month with a couple of long standing friends. Today we enjoyed a warm and friendly reception from Lisa at The Foxhunter. We opted for the 2 course set lunch and all agreed it was the best lunch we have had for a very long time. The food was beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. The service was unobtrusive but of the highest order. We all would strongly endorse the meals as the best we have had, in a radius of at least 50 miles Thank you for a delightful experience. We will return soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank johnhyn
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned home after our first visit to The Foxhunter, to celebrate my wife's birthday.
What can I say apart from, this place is fantastic!! Perfect meal, service attentive but not intrusive, and great hosts in Lisa and Matt! Will definitely return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonnyboyb
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Very happy after my visit here with my boyfriend!! The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was fantastic! The food was brought to us very quickly and was delicious, never been here before but would 100% recommend and will definitely be visiting again thanks a lot

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Caroljohnson35
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Having been a fan of Matt Tebbutt's no-nonsense cookery for a while, I tried to book at The Foxhunter last year, but was disappointed to find it was being refurbished at the time…drat!

No problem this time around and my expectations were more than satisfied. My hosts at Castle Farm B&B in Usk, said I wouldn't be disappointed and indeed I wasn't.

Service was pleasant & attentive and the food flavourful & plentiful. Not as "prissy" a presentation as some other restaurants I've dined at, but top notch ingredients well cooked and with well thought out combinations.

Matt appeared from the kitchen towards the end of the evening chatting with the diners. A great experience overall that I'd wholeheartedly recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Steve_T429
Reviewed 12 September 2013

From start to finish I am relaxed and comfortable spending time in The Foxhunter. A birthday treat to myself was the ideal excuse (not that an excuse is EVER needed) for some excellent food in my favourite restaurant. I was staying overnight in the Old Stable once again, enabling me to fully enjoy my time in Nantyderry.

I arrived in time to be able to enjoy lunch, and then catch up with Lisa & Matt (who was podding fresh peas ready to be combined with fresh crab for dinner that evening). Wonderfully relaxed & welcoming, it's an absolute joy to see Matt, Lisa & their children (along with John & auntie Jo) in this unique family restaurant.

A quick afternoon nap to refresh & recharge me from travelling, and it was time for dinner! Again, Matt & John were busy in the kitchen whilst Lisa & Jo took care "front of house". The evening just flew by, and after another amazing meal I was relaxing with Matt & a drink in the bar area as the restaurant gradually emptied.

The next day was the day before my birthday, and I was able to have a leisurely lunch before leaving to make my way home again.

Matt, long live "rocket fuel" - absolutely perfect & I was genuinely touched, thank you. Lisa, wonderful to see you again - as always, everything was A1 X. Jo, how do you fancy a bit of clubbing ;-) - hehe X. John, thank you, and sorry for the hasty "throw the keys in the door" moment - still cant believe I'd forgotten them!

In a nutshell..... gorgeous food, wonderful people, relaxing surroundings, perfectly equipped accommodation. THE perfect getaway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo