Castle Hotel
PremierInn.com
US$70
US$65
Agoda.com
The Clontarf Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$78
Priceline
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$47
  • Beachfront
Shelbourne Hotel(Llandudno)
US$88
  • Beachfront
All reviewslovely hotelshakespeare restauranthaddockhistoric buildinghigh streetbooked a tablefour poster bedbirthday treatnice bathroompoached eggscar parknear futureshort breakcooked to perfectionfirst floorexcellent stayan evening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We tried to go for a drink in the bar during the afternoon with our 3 month old in tow. We were ushered out of the bar area by a staff member who informed us that we couldn't have our pram in the bar for health and safety reasons as it would potentially block the fire escape route. She was escorting us through to the snug area when I asked if they had baby change facilities. The answer was no and that the nearest baby change facilities were in Costa. Our baby was due a nappy change so I said to the staff member that we had to leave and it was clear that babies weren't welcome there, to which she responded that babies were welcome, it's just the baby change facilities that they don't have??!! As anyone with a baby or toddler in nappies will know, any establishments without baby change facilities are effectively out of bounds given that they can need a nappy change at any moment. So if you have little ones in nappies, I'd give this place a miss unless you're willing to trek to Costa to change their nappy. Very disappointing.
**Update** I am reposting this review as my original review was taken down due to a technical issue. However, the management's response to my review was that there is sufficient space in the disabled toilet to change a baby on the floor using your own changing mat. I am not prepared to put my children on a toilet floor to change them and it beggars belief that that should even be proffered as a solution. If there is so much space in the disabled toilet, it is not clear why they don't just install a baby changing unit like every other half decent eating establishment.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank lead_by_example294
Joe L, General Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I’m afraid this review was removed once and has now been reposted. It was removed as this person mentions, although very clearly frustrated, lead_by_example294 didn’t actually use us. That was the technical issue they have referred to in the “update”. Being outraged at a lack of baby changing after being given as much help as possible by one of our team, then refusing to stay and use any of our services before leaving a one star review, we felt, was a bit unfair and flagged it. Now it’s back, I would like to say that as a father of two children I too have felt lead_by_example294’s frustrations, however I always took a changing mat with me when I went out, as I am very aware that not all the half decent eating establishments I visited would be able to provide them for me.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is extremely comfortable and quiet. I only stayed for one night and would have loved to stay longer. The staff were incredible--very nice and willing to store my bags to accommodate my train schedule. My room was recently updated and was very well appointed and cute.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Joe L, General Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your fantastic review! Great to read our team impressed and you loved our new rooms! We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great stay in Conwy at the Castle Hotel - the location is superb with great views of the castle and lots of local and independent shops - thank you for making us feel very welcome. Look forward to seeing you soon

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your fantastic review! Great to read the team impressed and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent service. Very friendly staff who always make you feel welcome. Clean comfortable rooms with good facilities, tea/coffee, iron and ironing board, very handy. Breakfast is amazing. Without a doubt a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Joe L, General Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your great review! So nice to read that our enthusiastic team impressed and helped to turn a stay into a memory! We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed my stay at the Castle Hotel, it was that good I stayed an extra night.

I got all excited when they said they had a vegan menu however, a more varied and tastier vegan menu would be very good. There are really scrumptious vegan dishes that I am sure the hotel chefs would be excellent at cooking, and enjoy it. The vegan menu was really the same dishes slightly different, and really very bland. I have had some great vegan meals in hotels and thinking around what delights you could create for the weary travellers, who really enjoy their food, would really make the stay outstanding.

The staff were all excellent, very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were really nice and clean and I had two lovely nights sleep. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to stay in Conwy.

Room Tip: They are all good - give them a call for the best rates
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank sallybatley202

Thank you for your fantastic review! Your suggestions for our Vegan choices are being discussed by our kitchen team as I type and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon!