Bryn Howel Hotel(Llangollen)
Britannia Inn(Llangollen)
US$80
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
All reviewswine barcontinental breakfastsmall decanter of portexcellent winegroupon vouchercar parkold buildingcomfortable bedstop floorhigh streeton arrivalwarm welcomeenjoyable staycentral locationself cateringevening mealstayed for one night
Reviewed 14 June 2018

We stayed in one of the cottages just up the road from the hotel. It needs a little TLC, but it was still a pleasant place to stay. It was comfortable and the kitchen was well equipped.
The weather prevented us from taking advantage of the small garden at the rear, which had a little patio directly overlooking the river. We were self-catering, but took our breakfasts at the Hotel. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Gales for two nights after in-laws treated us to a child free getaway. Really pleasant staff and great couple of nights away. Went to restaraunt one night and had a gorgeous meal really attentive host nothing was too much would stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on the bank holiday weekend for one night. My family and I arrived in the early afternoon and were checked in quickly. Everything we could of needed was in the cottage & it was clean and tidy.
I was impressed with the amenities and the size of the cottage, considering there were 6 of us staying there, I didn’t feel crowded.

Breakfast was lovely and the staff were friendly and got the balance right with their attentiveness.

I recommend this place for families and couples, everything you need is available for a stay. Yes, the parking is tight but this is a small town and an old building - built before cars were around, just something to consider and be aware of.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Second time I have been here, as always give a bad place a chance to redeem itself. Unfortunately Gales didn't.
Overpriced food and drink.
Arrogant and pretentious nature of owners.
Light not working in bathroom.
Parking a nightmare in tiny car park.
Breakfast didn't start until 7.30am.
I could go on, but you get the message.
Only saving grace is they have kept rustic feel around bar and restaurant, but not enough for me to ever visit a third time.
A lot better for cheaper in the area.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with work recently. Very comfortable and friendly hotel - all rooms are different and great touch with glasses of port in each room for guests. Breakfast variety was excellent too and served quickly.

Restaurant food is also high quality. First night I had the burger which was nice and tasty. Second night I went for the full rack of ribs. Excellent choice. My only bugbear with this was the skinny fries were more like crisps rather than chips. For future reference I’s try and swap this. Great selection of ales and wine available too!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business