All reviewscrispsroof terraceb and bcouldn't do enoughhot chocolateclimbing snowdonnothing is too much troublegranolawine glasseslittle extraslovely touchwarm welcomebiscuitstop floorstayed for nightslake and mountainsbreakfast was delicious
Reviewed 25 September 2017

My husband and I stayed at Beech Bank in June 2017.

We travelled down after work and were climbing Mount Snowdon on the following day. We arrived at the B & B late due to a traffic nightmare en route. We were tired, a little bit stressed and Annie could not have been more welcoming and sympathetic. Although the kitchen was closed she offered sandwiches (and sympathy!) after our long journey. She had also heated our room prior to our late arrival, just to add to the warm and welcoming reception.

Breakfast was lovely and freshly cooked to order on both days; as a vegetarian sometimes breakfast options are a bit restricted but this was not the case at all, plenty on offer and good quality.

When we arrived back from our Snowdon trip Annie was gardening; she asked all about our trip and also offered some fantastic recommendations for our evening meal (Spice of Llanberis - amazing!).

Room was large, clean and tidy; we also had a wonderful view of the lake which we had not expected at all. Bathroom was exceptionally large for a B & B, good quality toiletries were provided and shower was nice and powerful. Our particular room didn't have a bath, but we had booked last minute and had not requested one; if this is a necessity/desirable to you, simply mention at the time of booking.

B & B has all the required amenities, but for us the welcoming host absolutely made the trip. We arrived stressed and tired, and we left feeling wonderful and refreshed after two nights quality sleep. Would (and indeed have) recommended to everyone we know heading to the area and we would definitely stay again ourselves. Thank you Annie!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Nice room with great views of the mountains and lake. The room was very clean and comfortable with all the amenities. Annie made us feel very welcomed. She was a great host, friendly, very helpful, very knowledgeable with lots of good advice. Breakfast was tasty with a variety of choices. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well. Nice well run Bed & Breakfast. Good value for your money. We would certainly recommend Beech Bank Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant stay here. Comfortable clean room with gorgeous view of lake and mountains. Annie goes all out to make your visit enjoyable, and is very knowledgeable on the area. Breakfast is plentiful with numerous choices available. Ample tea and coffee is provided in the rooms together with biscuits and crisps. Most definitely value for money and would definitely recommend this B&B. We will certainly return in the future.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I decided to stay here for two nights (29-31st Aug) based on guest reviews on this site, Annie and her staff exceeded all my expectations.

The atmosphere was very warm and welcoming, my room was on the top floor (room 4) was very comfortable with beautiful views overlooking the mountains, and breakfast was delicious and plentiful.

Annie and her staff were extremely and helpful and attentive, they went out of their way to find spare walking boots and a walking stick for me when I realised I had forgotten my own.

Annie is very knowledgeable of the area and was able to offer great advice on climbing Snowdon, and places to see and things to do during my stay, I would highly recommend speaking to her if you have any questions about the area and where to find local amenities.

I had an amazing time during my short visit to Wales and I can honestly say when I visit again in the near future the Beech Bank will be my first choice.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2017

A warm and welcoming BnB for a weekend trip out of the city to trek up Snowdon and wander around Llyn Padarn. Great recommendations of where to eat and what to do locally, Annie is an attentive host - even helping us flag down the local bus and getting us a discount on our taxi back to Bangor. Comfy massive bed with gorgeous views of the lake. Loved our mini break away, would definitely recommend this place to stay to friends and would stay again if we was to come back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple