All reviews afternoon tea lovely building sandwiches car park is a bit bara brith the gap through groupon sunday lunch panna cotta lovely atmosphere evening meal stayed one night excellent value for money town centre room was clean and comfortable be visiting again full english
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend decided to treat me to dinner here on the first night of our stay. The meal was lovely, the company even more so and the restaurant was exactly as you would hope. Warm friendly atmosphere, good wine (I’m told), good food and reasonably priced, would recommend it to my father, that’s high praise!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018

We called in at The Lemon Tree late August for an afternoon tea and we could not have asked for any more. The afternoon tea was superbly presented and was lovely. The service was also excellent and the staff could not do enough for you. Thank you very much for a lovely afternoon. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Stayed at this restaurant and had the breakfast in the morning no complaints at all simple food well cooked , great central location and friendly staff will use it if I,m ever back in Wales.
Nice room with very cosy

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Husband and I visited for my birthday at the beginning of August. On arrival after our car literally just made it through the car park gap we were greeted by 2 druggies, one looking around whilst the other rummaged through the plants at the main entrance door? We waited for them to leave before getting out of the car. Whilst getting out of the car another suspicious guy with his sleeping bag came for a rummage in the same plant?

We stood at the reception desk to be ignored for a few minutes. 2 staff members working. No smile or greeting of any sort so we spoke out and said we had a booking.

We were seated and ordered a drink. Few minutes later our food order was taken and I was excited to eat. My starter arrived and was placed in front of me, it felt awkward. My husband politely shouted the waitress as she walked away and said he had also ordered a starter. She went to check and came back to say it hadn't been cooked although it was just being put on in the kitchen. After a delightful! Yet lonely starter, eating and finishing myself my husband's food arrived.

The main...
1 duck ordered which arrived looking like it had been cooked last year. Seriously noooooo moisture at all. My brick of a duck breast would not let my fork enter it's dry and stubborn substance. After trying to pretend it was going to be okay I asked the waitress if I could possibly order some red wine sauce. The sauce arrived and I was surprised to see a jug of peppercorn sauce...or was it? Well it had red wine in it so god knows what this really was.

My husband's burger...approximately 20 sparse fries on a huge plate with a dehydrated no moisture burger placed densely onto a dehydrated brioch bun. And that's it. That was the meal.

We paid for our starters which we ate separately and also our drinks. Feeling uncomfortable we made a sharp exit to burger king and enjoyed this more than the venue we visited for a relaxing treat.

1  Thank Bonnie W
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went for a meal Sunday 19th August. It’s a great venue and a bit of a gem and if you are not from Wrexham you may not come across it but it’s only a 10 minutes walk from the centre of town. There is parking too. Food was great and the service and care from Debbie was great.