“Pretty Average”
Review of Hills

Hills
Ranked #5 of 65 Restaurants in Brecon
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Description: Award winning family restaurant serving amazing American classics. Located one mile outside of Brecon at Bishops Meadow.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

They ask you to order a day before your booking. So when we arrived we didn’t expel the to then wait forty minutes for our food.

The brisket burger was very salty and the bacon lardons in the Le cheese burgers were very hard. Both our burgers were just about warm.

The front of house staff were very welcoming and efficient.

1  Thank JW19532013
Write a reviewReviews (608)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One of the worst dining experiences I’ve ever had - my partner’s burger was cold, the Padron peppers were inedible and neither the cocktails or food were anything more than ok. To add insult to injury we were then followed and shouted at by an arrogant, angry manager/owner (unsure which) who was adamant that the food was ‘outstanding’ and asking us not to come back, as if we would consider doing so after such a shambles! We had agreed to pay a certain amount for drinks with a member of staff but this wasn’t enough according to the manager/owner, who then proceeded to return the money we had left in front of other customers which was embarrassing for all involved and uncalled for. The rest of the staff were fine (hence the three stars for service) but I feel genuinely sorry for them having to work for/with someone with such blatant anger management issues, as well as delusions of grandeur. It’s a shame as I had visited previously and enjoyed but I wouldn’t return even if I was paid to do so. Save your money and go elsewhere/anywhere because it doesn’t get much worse than what we experienced last night...

2  Thank billiejthomas
Reviewed 20 May 2021

Staff think it's a disco inside, I ordered food at the door we couldn't hear each other so had to shout, when food came the coffee was Luke warm, the burgers weren't cooked (chef said that's how he cooks them) chips very expensive, you'd think paying £13 for a burger it would come with a side of chips, sweet potato fries were plastered in salt (all wrong)
This place used to be great 2-3 years ago, won't go back.

1  Thank Chrisseyx
Reviewed 24 April 2021

Everything we had was delicious, however the fries and sweet potato fries portions were very small considering the amount you pay for them!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 20 April 2021

I have emailed twice and tried contact them via Instagram with regard to a take away meal I recieved Friday night in which my chicken burger was uncooked and the dirty fries came with cheese half melted and half unmelted.

I understand that given the current circumstances it could be a staffing issue with why nobody has responded but I have emailed before this and didn't get a response and had to go out of my way to find out how to book.

Over priced for what it is, bland and customer service are quite happy to pound social media chanells with good pictures but refuse to respond to customers behind the scenes by the looks of it.

Being take away I wasn't sure whether I was allowed to approach the building or not as they bring the food out to your car otherwise I would have. However, I thought it best I email given the current circumstances but no response.

Do not recommend this place.

Date of visit: April 2021