I’m usually easily pleased and wouldn’t complain but this was the worst experience I have had yet!
1. Wouldn’t serve me alcohol due to no ID (I’m 23) - I was absolutely fine with this, I understand it’s the law. My partner ordered himself a wine (of which I had a couple sips) a member of staff approached our table with a loud voice stating that they had been watching me take sips of the wine and that I was no longer allowed to drink it. In my perspective it came across as rude and embarrasing in public.
2. We had to ask to order more drinks every time, no member of staff approached us to ask if we would like more.
3. Ordered two steaks medium rare, both came rare (in pictures) they did apologise and said they would put it back on the bill - they only refunded 1.
4. We were using a £100 gift voucher for this meal gifted as a Christmas present. After all that had happened we wanted to leave and go elsewhere. We wanted to have a refund or put it back on the gift card. We were told we couldn’t do that so was inclined into buying a dessert hoping at least one thing from there was worth paying for with our voucher. Cheesecake was powdery and not enjoyable.
5. They charged us additionally for 2 drinks and a meal we didn’t eat (the steak).
ALL IN ALL - this is suppose to be a Michelin star restaurant and I feel absolutely robbed of £100 my mum kindly gifted us for Christmas.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.