“Third Visit/ Best Yet!”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Cardiff
Ranked #206 of 1,233 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$11 - US$40
Description: Take a trip up to the Marco Pierre White Steakhouse rooftop restaurant and bar, and you'll experience a classic British menu with some truly delectable steaks, perfectly paired with tantalising cocktails. Our team pride themselves on delivering a memorable experience, with great food and an unforgettable ambiance. Visit one of our 2 terrace areas for a welcome breath of fresh air as you hear the sounds of live music beating from the heart of the bar. You can expect live music every week - the perfect way to make the most of your dining and drinking experience. Our exclusive private dining room is set to be the perfect place for an intimate celebration in the city
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You visit this place and always wish that he would be there, if he just did a couple of nights per year? Ah well…I think it’s a nice place…food was good…Calamari, Steaks, TC Chips, Goats Cheese & Beetroot ( which my wife loved). Bread was tastier than it looked, nice cold drinks (amazing how many places can’t manage that) and very nice staff. Definitely be a fourth visit and who knows, he just might be there!

Date of visit: August 2021
MPW Cardiff, General Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Hey MGOPSDIR,

Thank you so much for this lovely review, he does visit! Keep checking our social media pages and at some point you'll see one of our Meet Marco events. Be quick, the book up extremely fast.

See you on visit number 4!

Victoria

Write a reviewReviews (1,112)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were really looking forward to our meal at Marco Pierre Whites to celebrate my wife’s 70th birthday. When we arrived at the restaurant it was a wow experience and probably one of the nicest decors we’ve ever seen in a restaurant. We both thought this is going to be very special. All the staff were very pleasant and efficient. My wife ordered the Fillet steak au poivre and I ordered Marcos macaroni cheese. There was a limited choice of vegetarian meals and I wouldn’t normally order macaroni cheese but Marco’s macaroni cheese sounded very special. When the meals arrived we were both struck by the small portion size, mine looked more like a starter than a main course. My wife stated her meal was quite nice but not in any way special. My meal was hugely disappointing, a small quantity of very bland macaroni cheese and a few pieces of rocket. Bearing in mind this cost £14:50, I expected so much more. Normally I would have said something but this was a special occasion and I didn’t want to make a fuss. I ate about half my meal and left the rest. When the waitress cleared the table I told her I was unhappy about my meal, she apologised and stated she would convey my feedback to the chef. It was probably to late to resolve any of the problems. The bill also included a 10% service charge which personally I’m not a fan of, I’d prefer to give a tip. We paid the full amount, its embarrassing to ask the waitress to remove the service charge in front of a restaurant full on people. In fairness the actual service was very good.
My wife and I really wanted to like this restaurant, it’s beautifully decorated with lovely staff but the food is quite poor. It would have been very nice to have a special place to visit for birthdays, family occasions etc. Unfortunately neither of us will ever return.

2  Thank Pogishound
MPW Cardiff, General Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded today

Hi Pogishound,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, I'm so glad you enjoyed the decor of the restaurant and the service you received.
I'm so very sorry you found the food to be not to your liking, I can assure you all of our dishes are served to the specification that Marco requires. My sincerest apologies that we were not able to wow you on this special day.

I do hope you will visit us again in the future so we can show you that we have taken your feedback on board.

Thank you and my apologies once again.

Victoria

Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

The first and last time

I was staying at Hotel indigo for work and discovered the restaurant was a MPW Steakhouse

I thought I was in for a treat. Sadly the food ranged from decidedly average to ined6ble.

The service slow and indifferent.

I sent my french onion soup back to the kitchen Utterly vile bitter concoction clearly fresh from the microwave

It was replaced with a bland prawn cocktail- nothing special here except the price

A long wait ensued for my burger which was bland. But what I found most insulting was nobody bothered to check it was satisfactory. After being served the fdeasful soup I'd have expected someone to care

Clearly Marco Pierre White hasn't visited Cardiff on a long time.. Wetherspoons is better than this place

The only redeeming feature was the music

2  Thank Jsfulham1
Reviewed 5 August 2021

Very pleasant staff, dreadful food. Pork milanese not beaten thin enough to stay tender, breadcrumb base burnt, breadcrumb top soggy from having dressed rocket leaves dumped on top. Sent back to kitchen. Replacement less burned but soggy on top, too thick and dried out, unseasoned and bland. Chicken forestiere sauce bland and lacking in mushroom flavour. Very disappointing. Chefs need retraining!

3  Thank bruced119
Reviewed 1 August 2021

Surprised to read negative comments . We were greeted by a lovely waitress taken to our table nothing was too much everyone very friendly the food was delicious from start to finish we thoroughly enjoyed our evening out thank you.

Date of visit: July 2021