3 people are viewing this hotel
Hilton
US$110
Free cancellation until 28/01/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$102
Booking.comUS$102
Hotels.comUS$102
travelup.comUS$124
4,206 results
All reviews the executive lounge valet parking castle view afternoon tea opposite the castle junior suite welsh cakes city centre saturday night following morning breakfast was excellent lovely room car park greys concierge gym prosecco
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2021

I have stayed here many times and loved this hotel. We stayed forbthe rugby weekend and the place was buzzing and so exciting to be there. Staff in the executive lounge were great as well as at reception, the bar, and at breakfast, so there was much to be positive about. The location is also second to none.

I stayed for 3 nights and it cost over £1100 which, for a rugby weekend, would normally be happy to pay. But some basic things were really completely unacceptable. As standard, rooms are no longer cleaned routinely on a daily basis. I am not bothered about getting new towels or my bed made everyday, but we ran out of toilet roll, tea and coffee, and rubbish was building up in the room. I reported this to reception and was told they could do nothing without requesting it 24 hours ahead. I named what I needed and they said they would see what could be done. New towels appeared and additional toiletries, but the rubbish was left, and we had no additional toilet rolls or tea/coffee stuff. Having stayed at another Hilton in July, not cleaning seems to now be standard. I am not paying £1100 to spend 3 nights in a dirty room without basic necessities provided. Hilton really need to think about what sort of hotel they are… luxury with amazing service as it always was, or a basic budget hotel where you bring your own loo roll. Another niggle was also wanting to use the gym but turned away because the all lacks rugby team were in the pool. Ive paid to use the gym as part of my stay. I should not be turned away. There wasnt a single person in the gym. It has been totally unacceptable.

As i said, ive loved staying here previously, but if im paying hundreds of pounds a night, i want the best service. This was less than satisfactory.

2  Thank Wrexham-Traveller
Neil Sewell, General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2021

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your review and our pleasure to welcome you back to Cardiff for the rugby weekend.

I am so very sorry that we did not meet your expectations and that the Housekeeping team were not able to service your bedroom and for any inconvenience and upset this caused to you at the time of your stay. Please do contact us before your next stay and we can ensure your bedroom is serviced and that there are extra towels and amenities in your room before your arrival.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back and fully making amends on a future occasion.

Reviewed 31 October 2021

We paid 462 pounds sterling for ONE NIGHT during the All-Blacks/Wales international weekend. Seems the AB team was staying here. The total just for the room cost more than 1,100 pounds sterling. We stayed for almost a week a couple of weeks previously and the while stay cost about the same. Same kind of room (a junior suite - more on that later).
Cost aside, during both stays (maybe because we had a junior suite) our room faced the street. There are several bars/clubs next door and the noise was literally all night, especially on the Friday's and Saturday's. On top of that there were emergency sirens blaring, seemingly several separate times through the night. That is not the fault of the hotel, but the lack of soundproofing is.
Just awful. To add insult to injury, the bathrooms are very dated, the toiletries were meagre and not topped up (or in the case of the bodywash, just missing) and we couldn't get room service to pick up after THREE times, so had to go downstairs to order.
Stains on the carpet, no bathrobes in the first stay, bathrobes in the second and the same style of room - did they just forget.
Long hair in the bathroom - did they just clean the surfaces superficially?

They are utterly stretched and clueless when fully booked and on international weekends. And remember, this is when they have charged more than a THOUSAND POUNDS for 2 nights. Seems the more you pay, the worse the service. An absolute joke and disgrace. Never, ever, ever staying here again.

Taking my ability to pay a lot elsewhere where at least they offer room service and where I can sleep at night, vs. neither of those things in a hotel.

Room tip: Do not get a room facing the street unless you like the sound of party go-ers all night.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel.

I do sincerely appreciate your feedback and I am deeply sorry you were unhappy with your visit on this occasion. I will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I do hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2021 via mobile

Avoid stayed last night arrived in room to find a sock in the room made a complaint and got offered a drinks voucher. Bathroom needs re grouting as showing black mould . On waking this morning the duvet had come out of the cover and I was horrified by the stains and colour . I’ve made an official complaint but for £164 a night it’s a definitely a no no and won’t be returning .

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Stuey1234

Dear Stuey1234,

Thank you for your review.

I am so very disappointed to read your comments regarding the cleanliness of your bedroom during your stay. Please can I say how very sorry I am for your experience with your bedroom which has been shared with the Housekeeping team for their immediate attention and action. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back and fully restoring your confidence on a future occasion.

Reviewed 27 October 2021 via mobile

Double room was clean and comfortable but at £270 for the night a couple of bottles of water would have been nice! Also toiletries were cheap and nasty. Got a decent enough sleep but expected more for the price. Very basic, not what I expected from the chain. Left feeling decidedly ripped off.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Angn524

Dear Angn524,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay.

I am pleased that you found the bedroom clean and comfortable but I am so sorry that you were disappointed with the value for money and the standard of toiletries in your room which I will share with the team and look at ways at improving this.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2021 via mobile

We entered the hotel room to find that the sheets had clearly not been changed since previous guests' stay. The bed was covered in hairs and the pillows in dried mascara and god knows what else.

This feels especially unsafe considering the pandemic.

We quickly spoke to reception who assured us that someone would change the sheets for us. Seven hours later at 11pm, the sheets had still not been changed. We spoke to reception again and finally someone came to change them.

The general cleanliness of the room and corridors is also poor. Dirt and rubbish in the halls.

This stay is not as advertised - 'cleaned and disinfected for your protection'? Clearly not.

In addition, the toilet struggles to flush, the sink takes a long time to drain and the shower does not stay hot/warm for more than a few minutes.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Seraphina96

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your review.

I am deeply sorry for your experience with cleanliness and the delay you encountered with the service of your bedroom. I have addressed your feedback with the Housekeeping team for their immediate attention and action. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can further improve our guest experience.

I do hope that despite your experience on this occasion you will consider visiting us again soon.