Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Marriott Hotels
FindHotelUS$108
eDreamsUS$108
TravelocityUS$108
1,818 results
All reviews car park the executive lounge city centre high floor per night location is excellent reception staff breakfast was excellent gym castle rugby
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2021

Very convenient for Cardiff city centre. Big shopping centre and lots of restaurants nearby, plus a short walk away from castle and Bute park.

Parking £18 a day but runs until check out of following day so less expensive than it initially seems.

Staff very friendly and covid safe - sanitising pens, wearing masks, social distancing etc.

Room clean and tidy. Our room had a bath and shower which was nice. No mini fridge.

The worst part of our stay was the lack of free, easy to access wifi. The only way you could access this was to join the Marriott membership and although this was free it felt like a lot of hassle in comparison with other hotels where free wifi (without membership) is standard.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2021

This hotel is very overrated and over priced. Location is excellent but quality is poor and service is average. Bed is very uncomfy. Windows with condensate so cannot see clearly outside. My worst experience is at dinner when I just started looking at menu in presence of waitress and was quickly offered drink as "special offer" of the day as half price. I accepted the "special offer". As the invoice arrived, turns out not cheaper than anything on menu and to my surprise not on the menu in the first place. Very dubious and suspecious. I raised my dissatisfaction but response was this is really expensive twice the price if everything else ON the menu but it was for 46.5% off. Really? How would we ever know!! Why do you offer customer something not on menu for twice the price but without telling them in advance. This is not about price, it is about transparency.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Guest Relations Cardiff Marriott, Other at Cardiff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear nasero613,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Cardiff Marriott. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologise for falling short of meeting your expectations. I will certainly share your feedback with the hotel management team.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during these uncertain times and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
Caroline Nelson
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed in July for 2 nights in the suite on the 6th floor. Despite high location we could still hear noise from the bars downstairs. I prefer to sleep with windows open but had to closed them and have aircon on instead.

Suite is spacious with hallway and toilet leading to living room with sofa, table and chairs, TV and through the large door to the en suite bedroom. As for what you pay and what we normally find in suites there were no extra touches like nespresso machine or drinks, wine glasses, no upgraded toileteries. Not even a mini bar fridge - It was really bare - I passed this comment to the reception.

Bathroom had seperate bathtub and shower cublicle with excellent water pressure.

Breakfast has been served to the table, no unhigenic buffet, which we appreciated.

The staff is very well trained and really happy to serve.

We had a drink outside in afternoon sun by the entrance. No crowds - unlike gardens opposite.

Housekeeping is daily, no saving on staff and excusing it with covid. I was pleased to return to the made up beds, fresh towels and empty bins.

Parking is £18 a day and very secure, you must have a ticket to even enter.

Overall we felt covid safe and comfortable and are happy to return to this centrally located Marriott.

Room tip: Book high floor rooms
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2021

My girlfriend and I spent here one night as a weekend getaway celebrating our anniversary.

We specify it at the moment of the booking, but it looked like this note passed totally unnoticed. Not a mention, nor a card, nor an amenity in the room nothing. That's fine, not a big issue, but it tells a lot about attention to details and care towards the guests.

Another fail was the fact that they assigned us a twin room, even if we specified in the booking "kingsize bed".. Not a big issue either, it was only one night, but it was already the second disappointment and another lack of interest/attention to details.

Third disappointment, Gym was out of use for refurbishing. Not even a mention in the website.

Minibar in the room was totally empty. No one mentioned it upon check in, nor an alternative service was offered. We only found out in the middle of the night while, waking up being thirsty, we found out not even a bottle of water was availble. I mean, even 3 stars hotels leave one or two bottles of water in the room.

Breakfast was like a cheap hostel quality. Undrinkable coffee, very few items in the menu. English breakfast looked like reheaten, gummy bacon, floppy sausages.. And not a single member of the staff gave a single hint of a smile to any guest. It seemed like we were in a factory full of robots.

Another downside, we have never seen the shadow of a Concierge, although apparently according to the Reception, he was on duty.

On a positive note, Front Desk staff was amazing and they looked genuinely keen to help. Sian was the person we mainly dealt with. Also, prime location, very central and close to the main station.

Front Desk staff and location made a poor stay become certainly more positive.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank SMCS_13
Guest Relations Cardiff Marriott, Other at Cardiff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Dear SMCS_13,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Cardiff Marriott Hotel and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologise for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

Warmest Regards,
Caroline Nelson
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

Stayed at The Marriott, Cardiff for one night and had a very pleasant stay. The suite I’d booked was unfortunately unavailable due to refurbishment work so Caroline from the hotel called and emailed ahead of time to arrange an alternative. Caroline also went out of her way to help me with some birthday plans for my husband - nothing was too much trouble and the little touches made all the difference. Thank you Caroline!
The restaurant and room service were unavailable outside of breakfast due to covid measures. The bar was open and we enjoyed a drink on the terrace. Breakfast was excellent and the wait staff were all very friendly and professional. Hand sanitiser everywhere and clear signposting on shared use of lifts etc.
The room was an Executive King on the 09th floor. Comfortable and quiet - I’d asked for a high floor to be away from street/bar noise. We weren’t disturbed and slept well. All in all, a great stay and we’ll be back again.

Room tip: car park entrance: As soon as you turn onto Mill Lane you’ll see a rank of taxis, the turning is a fairly sharp right straight after.
Date of stay: June 2021