Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Marriott Hotels
Hotels.comUS$105
FindHotelUS$105
TravelocityUS$105
1,818 results
All reviews car park the executive lounge city centre high floor per night location is excellent reception staff breakfast was excellent gym castle rugby
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed at Cardiff Marriott on a recent mini break/shopping trip.
The hotel was immaculate and impeccably clean.
The rooms are large. The beds were very comfortable.
There was a kettle, tea/ coffee and a small fridge in our room.
The location of the Marriott is perfect for anyone visiting Cardiff. It is safe with no major roads to cross to get to the shops. It is incredibly close to the shops and St David's shopping centre, close to restaurants of all kinds.
Parking is very easy, as the Marriott multistorey car park is connected to the hotel.
Parking charges are reasonable considering you are in a city.
Parking is very secure.

The hotel staff were all very friendly, helpful and kind.
I recall only a couple of names, Cherry and Fred
but ALL were lovely and delivered first class customer service.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2021

Great stay, perfect location, lovely friendly staff, affordable would happily return! Clean comfortable, accommodating, they really go above and beyond to make you feel special. Suitable for all ages!

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 14 August 2021

Very convenient for Cardiff city centre. Big shopping centre and lots of restaurants nearby, plus a short walk away from castle and Bute park.

Parking £18 a day but runs until check out of following day so less expensive than it initially seems.

Staff very friendly and covid safe - sanitising pens, wearing masks, social distancing etc.

Room clean and tidy. Our room had a bath and shower which was nice. No mini fridge.

The worst part of our stay was the lack of free, easy to access wifi. The only way you could access this was to join the Marriott membership and although this was free it felt like a lot of hassle in comparison with other hotels where free wifi (without membership) is standard.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2021

This hotel is very overrated and over priced. Location is excellent but quality is poor and service is average. Bed is very uncomfy. Windows with condensate so cannot see clearly outside. My worst experience is at dinner when I just started looking at menu in presence of waitress and was quickly offered drink as "special offer" of the day as half price. I accepted the "special offer". As the invoice arrived, turns out not cheaper than anything on menu and to my surprise not on the menu in the first place. Very dubious and suspecious. I raised my dissatisfaction but response was this is really expensive twice the price if everything else ON the menu but it was for 46.5% off. Really? How would we ever know!! Why do you offer customer something not on menu for twice the price but without telling them in advance. This is not about price, it is about transparency.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Guest Relations Cardiff Marriott, Other at Cardiff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2021

Dear nasero613,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Cardiff Marriott. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologise for falling short of meeting your expectations. I will certainly share your feedback with the hotel management team.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during these uncertain times and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
Caroline Nelson
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed in July for 2 nights in the suite on the 6th floor. Despite high location we could still hear noise from the bars downstairs. I prefer to sleep with windows open but had to closed them and have aircon on instead.

Suite is spacious with hallway and toilet leading to living room with sofa, table and chairs, TV and through the large door to the en suite bedroom. As for what you pay and what we normally find in suites there were no extra touches like nespresso machine or drinks, wine glasses, no upgraded toileteries. Not even a mini bar fridge - It was really bare - I passed this comment to the reception.

Bathroom had seperate bathtub and shower cublicle with excellent water pressure.

Breakfast has been served to the table, no unhigenic buffet, which we appreciated.

The staff is very well trained and really happy to serve.

We had a drink outside in afternoon sun by the entrance. No crowds - unlike gardens opposite.

Housekeeping is daily, no saving on staff and excusing it with covid. I was pleased to return to the made up beds, fresh towels and empty bins.

Parking is £18 a day and very secure, you must have a ticket to even enter.

Overall we felt covid safe and comfortable and are happy to return to this centrally located Marriott.

Room tip: Book high floor rooms
Date of stay: June 2021