“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!”

Ranked #29 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
Andover, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2017

Customer service and creature comforts run on well oiled wheels at this hotel. Staff are particularly friendly and Ashleigh was very helpful. Rooms are warm and comfortable and food and wines are well chosen and served in generous portions. Ideal for those visiting Cardiff and who prefer not to stay in the City Centre. 12 mins by car to Centre! Ample parking including disabled facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking lake!
  • Stayed February 2017, travelled on business
2 Thank BARRYONEUK
Ben U, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd, responded to this review, 2 March 2017
Dear Barryoneuk,
Thank you for your kind feedback. My team and I read Trip Advisor reviews on a daily basis and we're always pleased to see that our guests have left the hotel happy.

I will ensure that Ashleigh is recognised for her guest service, this isn't the first praise I've received for her and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post this review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2017

Hard to fault the service but the rooms are looking turned and basics that I would have expected are missing

Small tv in the room, no robes, bath is tiny

Not somewhere I would return to ....

One redeeming feature was the size and comfort of the bed

• Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ianshall
Dear Ianshall,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm sorry to read that you weren't completely satisfied, although I am pleased to see that you found the bed to be comfortable. We've recently invested in all new pillows, mattress toppers, duvets and linen in every room of the hotel which has brought many positive comments.

I'm sorry to see that you found the property to be tired. However, I am pleased to inform you that we are in the process of soft refurbishing the bedrooms and public areas and, over the next 18 months, hope to secure significant investment to improve the product further.

Sincere regards,

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2017

Hotel set in retail unit which includes TK Maxx , Mothercare, McDonald's , Burger King and Pizza Hut all within walking distance of less than 5 mins . Also a huge Tesco Extra across the road . Traditional style decor and welcoming fireplace seating . We ate in the restaurant , very good service there as well as in the bar . reception staff friendly and helpful too . The room was clean , warm and of a good size . Clean and amenable leisure facilities also , although the pool was a bit cold . Large jacuzzi . Good shower area . 2 lifts which always came quickly . Little lake outside hotel , nice
view from restaurant although outside terrace closed for refurbishment .

• Stayed January 2017, travelled with family
1 Thank hampshirefamily2015
bromsgrove
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Well arrived receptionist amber was lovely very efficient. Room clean though n the cold side bed lovely and comfortable.
Went to bar for drinks very pleasant then we went to the fine dining restaurant!!!!!'n well we should of ate in the bar where it was far warmer, 3 times I asked the staff to put the heating on but was ignored on each occasion so I sat eating my meal with my scarf and coat on.
The meal itself was crap hubby had pate not impressed mains hubby had lamb cobbler which was ok I had fish cakes which were it brilliant I also ordered side of house chips but they are not home made the taste like frozen chips
Hubby had the treacle tart which was ok I had the cheese and biscuits cheese seemed very plastic and of course all of this wasn't cheap

We would not rate this restaurant at all
Not at all fine dining

Very very disappointed

Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BromsgroveDolphin

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Sandbach, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2017

Let's start on the high points shall we...the staff were really nice, from reception to the evening bar staff and of course the guys down at breakfast in the morning to help get your day going. The breakfast in the morning was worth the £8, so buy it the day before as if you just turn up its a few quid extra. Normally at a buffet breakfast that 'offer' a cooked option the staff take your order and you get a standard plate, but not here, fill your plate and fill it high! Sausages, bacon, mushrooms, black pud, tomatoes, beans, scrambled egg, crispy hash browns and even freshly done fried egg! Didn't get round to the other bits, but my girlfriend kept coming back with different bowls of fruit and cereal. If you have some spare time for relaxing then head down to the pool area for a dip in the jacuzzi. The slightly bad parts were the beds were quite hard and I couldn't win with the pillows, 1 was too low, but 2 made it feel like I was pretty much sitting upright, don't know how I managed to do that. I did wake up on the first morning with a bad back, but the 2nd morning I was a bit more use to it. Generally the rooms were a bit dated and had seen better days, though certainly fine for a short weekend trip and I have stayed in much, much worse. We did have drinks, but didn't have any food there in the evening as the menu wasn't too inspiring as it seemed a tad expensive, but what would you expect for a hotel. Lots of potential for the hotel, but at least they have the right staff in place.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
Ben U, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd, responded to this review, 8 February 2017
Dear APimlott23,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I'm pleased that you found the staff throughout the hotel to be pleasant and accommodating. The team read our reviews on a daily basis and we're always delighted to see that our guests have appreciated our efforts to make their stay enjoyable.

I'm also pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast. This is an area which we're working hard to improve and it's great to see that it's paying off.

I see that you weren't impressed with the bed or bedding and I'm very pleased to tell you that by the end of this week we will have replaced the linen, pillows, duvets, mattress toppers and towels in all of our bedrooms. I hope this will address the slight concern you raised in this regard.

I've also taken on board your comments regarding the menu and the prices. My Chef and I are currently reviewing our menu and will take your feedback into account.

Many thanks once again for taking the time to review your stay. We hope you will choose to use the hotel again and that you'll notice some of the improvements we're continually putting in place.

Sincere regards,

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cardiff
7.4 km away
Village Hotel Cardiff
Village Hotel Cardiff
#18 of 76 in Cardiff
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,097 reviews

Been to Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd? Share your experiences!