Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd
US$129
US$89
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$66
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$55
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

US$122
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$68
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$69
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

US$102
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Tanes Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$62
Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$70
PremierInn.com
US$143
1,215 results
All reviewsretail parklake viewcity centrebit datedleisure facilitiessteam roomclub roomironing boardbusy roadone night staybuffet stylefree parkingnight's sleepcomfy bedsaturday nightafternoon teayogurt
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Hard to fault the service but the rooms are looking turned and basics that I would have expected are missing

Small tv in the room, no robes, bath is tiny

Not somewhere I would return to ....

One redeeming feature was the size and comfort of the bed

1  Thank Ianshall
Ben U, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear Ianshall,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm sorry to read that you weren't completely satisfied, although I am pleased to see that you found the bed to be comfortable. We've recently invested in all new pillows, mattress toppers, duvets and linen in every room of the hotel which has brought many positive comments.

I'm sorry to see that you found the property to be tired. However, I am pleased to inform you that we are in the process of soft refurbishing the bedrooms and public areas and, over the next 18 months, hope to secure significant investment to improve the product further.

Sincere regards,

Ben Underwood.
General Manager.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Hotel set in retail unit which includes TK Maxx , Mothercare, McDonald's , Burger King and Pizza Hut all within walking distance of less than 5 mins . Also a huge Tesco Extra across the road . Traditional style decor and welcoming fireplace seating . We ate in the restaurant , very good service there as well as in the bar . reception staff friendly and helpful too . The room was clean , warm and of a good size . Clean and amenable leisure facilities also , although the pool was a bit cold . Large jacuzzi . Good shower area . 2 lifts which always came quickly . Little lake outside hotel , nice
view from restaurant although outside terrace closed for refurbishment .

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank hampshirefamily2015
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Well arrived receptionist amber was lovely very efficient. Room clean though n the cold side bed lovely and comfortable.
Went to bar for drinks very pleasant then we went to the fine dining restaurant!!!!!'n well we should of ate in the bar where it was far warmer, 3 times I asked the staff to put the heating on but was ignored on each occasion so I sat eating my meal with my scarf and coat on.
The meal itself was crap hubby had pate not impressed mains hubby had lamb cobbler which was ok I had fish cakes which were it brilliant I also ordered side of house chips but they are not home made the taste like frozen chips
Hubby had the treacle tart which was ok I had the cheese and biscuits cheese seemed very plastic and of course all of this wasn't cheap

We would not rate this restaurant at all
Not at all fine dining

Very very disappointed

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BromsgroveDolphin
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Let's start on the high points shall we...the staff were really nice, from reception to the evening bar staff and of course the guys down at breakfast in the morning to help get your day going. The breakfast in the morning was worth the £8, so buy it the day before as if you just turn up its a few quid extra. Normally at a buffet breakfast that 'offer' a cooked option the staff take your order and you get a standard plate, but not here, fill your plate and fill it high! Sausages, bacon, mushrooms, black pud, tomatoes, beans, scrambled egg, crispy hash browns and even freshly done fried egg! Didn't get round to the other bits, but my girlfriend kept coming back with different bowls of fruit and cereal. If you have some spare time for relaxing then head down to the pool area for a dip in the jacuzzi. The slightly bad parts were the beds were quite hard and I couldn't win with the pillows, 1 was too low, but 2 made it feel like I was pretty much sitting upright, don't know how I managed to do that. I did wake up on the first morning with a bad back, but the 2nd morning I was a bit more use to it. Generally the rooms were a bit dated and had seen better days, though certainly fine for a short weekend trip and I have stayed in much, much worse. We did have drinks, but didn't have any food there in the evening as the menu wasn't too inspiring as it seemed a tad expensive, but what would you expect for a hotel. Lots of potential for the hotel, but at least they have the right staff in place.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Ben U, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Dear APimlott23,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I'm pleased that you found the staff throughout the hotel to be pleasant and accommodating. The team read our reviews on a daily basis and we're always delighted to see that our guests have appreciated our efforts to make their stay enjoyable.

I'm also pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast. This is an area which we're working hard to improve and it's great to see that it's paying off.

I see that you weren't impressed with the bed or bedding and I'm very pleased to tell you that by the end of this week we will have replaced the linen, pillows, duvets, mattress toppers and towels in all of our bedrooms. I hope this will address the slight concern you raised in this regard.

I've also taken on board your comments regarding the menu and the prices. My Chef and I are currently reviewing our menu and will take your feedback into account.

Many thanks once again for taking the time to review your stay. We hope you will choose to use the hotel again and that you'll notice some of the improvements we're continually putting in place.

Sincere regards,

Ben Underwood.
General Manager.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

The staff are lovely - courteous, friendly, helpful and polite. Rooms are clean, and the beds are comfortable. The bar area is basic and blandly unpleasant - somewhere sports fans and salesmen might enjoy hanging out, but totally lacking in ambience. Rooms are quiet if nobody is staying near, but the doors and walls may as well be made of paper. Conversation carries down the corridors (which look like something from The Shining - a draw for some, maybe), and there was a weird, prolonged noise in our room around 6am which we presumed to be pipes, a fan or air con in the room next door. There is a smoke alarm within sightline of the bed which blinks continuously. Take an eye mask because it can't be covered. Toiletries are unpleasant and don't lather properly. Wifi is only available on a completely open network. In this day and age, that's really bad. Room decor looks like something Lovejoy would relish: tired, chipped large mahogany tables, consoles and units; clashing pale 90s wallpaper; deeply patterned carpets and ugly late 80s curtains that look like they were designed by an evil harlequin clown high on bloodlust and cocaine. I can see this might have a certain cache with people who still dress in jumpers from The Sweater Shop, drive Mondeos and relish boring people with their golf handicap, but a lick of paint might make them more appealing to people who don't live in Axminster and Anaglypta hellholes. The basement gym is well furnished and the tiny pool and spa facilities are basic but enjoyable - providing you don't go on a day when half the pool is block-booked for Baby Swim. "I'm a train, I'm a train, I'm a choo-choo train, CHOO CHOOOO!!! CHOO CHOOOO!!!" is now firmly lodged in my head, and I had to dodge several children bobbing around the 'adult' half of the pool due to Baby Swim taking up a half that could easily be a quarter to allow all pool users the room to do their thing. It's ok, but it could be really good with a little more effort.

1  Thank llakent