Lowest prices for your stay
US$84
Hotels.comUS$84
TravelocityUS$84
Trip.comUS$89
1,628 results
All reviews cinema room central location car park lovely hotel breakfast room reception staff stayed for one night noise stadium hairdryer ncp castle principality
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 November 2021 via mobile

Hotel and rooms very clean and comfortable,very good breakfast location was spot on for all pubs and restaurants,staff were very friendly and attentive.
Would recommend this hotel and would book again next time in Cardiff.
Car park only 5 minutes away

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jon Swingler, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2021

Thank you for your kind review and positive feedback following your recent stay with us. It is great to read such lovely feedback about the team and the hotel, reaffirming that the continuous hard work, the staff are putting in every day, is paying off. I will pass on your comments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 23 November 2021

Toni and reception staff was excellent and very helpful, Eva and the breakfast team was amazing especially when my sons were late for breakfast after the night before, and she was so helpful and understanding, and they managed to get breakfast after it was closed - bless her

Room tip: not sure as it was a Wales Rugby weekend so hotel very very busy
Date of stay: November 2021
Jon Swingler, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2021

Thank you so much for your kind review after your recent stay with us. It is always lovely to hear that our team are providing our guests with great customer service, and I will make sure that your positive and kind feedback is passed on to the team. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2021 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely amazing, I stayed here 4 times and every single time has been brilliant. The rooms are very cosy, incredibly comfortable bedding and great power showers that are nice and warm.

What this hotel does best however is the amazing personable staff that are always helpful and pleasant. I was incredibly stressed about catching my 7am flight from Bristol airport but the staff helped me by making sure I had a taxi early enough to make it on time and nothing was ever too much of an issue. Needless to say, this hotel is my only choice for visiting Cardiff and I couldn't recommend it enough. Thank you to the reception staff that are just truly magnificent.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Jon Swingler, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2021

Thank you so much for your lovely review after your recent stay with us. I will make sure that your positive and kind feedback is passed on to the team. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2021 via mobile

Lovely hotel, central area for shopping and close to the Principality Stadium. Friendly helpful staff. Room spacious and spotless and equipped with tea/coffee making facilities including decaf coffee! That was a personal bonus for me having stayed in similar hotels which do not automatically offer decaf. Thank you The Royal. The bar staff were attentive and friendly, and the tables well spaced. They were also top notch with ensuring all surfaces were cleaned regularly. The staff are wonderful, and hopefully appreciated by the owners Great stay and won’t be our last visit.

Room tip: Great hotel to stay in if there is an event happening at the stadium. At least you can get a drink at the bar easily.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jon Swingler, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2021

Thank you so much for your kind review after your stay with us. Our team are continuously striving to provide the best service, especially during these testing times we are still finding ourselves in. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Hotel in the future. In the meantime, stay safe and well.

Reviewed 29 August 2021

Had to cancel last year's visit because of the Covid restrictions but was so glad to be able to stay this year ! The same warm welcome and friendly and attentive staff and the same lovely breakfast ! I have visited Cardiff annually for many years and always stay at The Royal. The location is perfect and my teenage grandson and I had a wonderful time. I look forward to staying again next year.

Date of stay: August 2021