Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$103
PricelineUS$103
Trip.comUS$129
3,150 results
All reviews train station city centre afternoon tea car park excellent location lovely hotel bars and restaurants coffee machine the air conditioning double bed family room executive room saturday night motorpoint arena floor noise prosecco
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2021

Had a wondeful experience, A staff member called Dave provided us with coffee pots, directed us to the facilities was friendly and great stay overall. Breakfast was lovely, clean tables and nice atmosphere. Frequently visit hotels and I would recommend to all

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JoJo_NewMix
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Dear JoJo_NewMix,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel.

I am pleased that Dave was able to help you the facilities and provide you with the coffee pods for the machines. It is lovely to see that you enjoyed your stay, especially your breakfast.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2021 via mobile

Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Cardiff, great location in the centre with the bay about 5 minute drive away, breakfast and receptionist team friendly, professional, efficient and helpful,
the beds are really comfy, clean rooms and very COVID safe, all in all a fab stay!

Room tip: Central station car park - 1 minute walk away Cardiff bay - 5 minute drive away
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear 81carleyn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review of the hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. I am also pleased that you felt Covid safe and the staff were friendly, professional, efficient and helpful.

We hope you welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2021

Great location, 2 minutes walk from the train station and 10/15 minutes walk from Cardiff Castle and city centre, Principality Stadium is even closer.

Clean/tidy rooms, with comfy beds and a good powerful shower (not a dribble like in some hotels). We were on the top floor (11th) room was large with a good view along Cardiff High Street.

Staff were very good, courteous, helpful, friendly and chatty.

Food was to a very good standard and plentiful both breakfast and dinner.

Would definitely the Clayton and will be returning again, in fact have already booked again for later in the year.

Date of stay: July 2021
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2021

Dear alibryan2012,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your room. It is nice to see that you enjoyed the food and the staff were courteous, helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back later in the year!

Reviewed 29 July 2021

What an fantastic experience we had here at the hotel. Nothing was too much for the team at Clayton Cardiff.
Just imagine having super active  2 year old boy and this was walk in the park for them.
We were given earlier checkin as we were with out 2 year old this was very thoughtful and was a delight. Receptionist was very attentative and made us feel  very welcomed and chatty.
Room was clean, neat and tidy, spacious.
We used their bar and restaurant both nights. Food is fantastic and creative, nothing like other 4 star hotel, i would say it represented a standalone restaurant menu. Team are super friendly and very helpful. Very attentive..
Breakfast team boy ho boy... everyone their were so nice, nothing was too much.
Elena and girls at the buffet counter was just brilliant.
Housekeeper, as we passed with my little one, she even greeted and gave a bottle of water for my little one. So thoughtful.
Comfortable room, good location, SUPER FANTASTIC team, just made our stay.

Thank you and see you again..

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Kriste_martin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had a fantastic experience. It is lovely to read that all the staff were so welcoming and attentive with your little one during your stay! I will pass on your comments to the team, I am sure they will be pleased, especially Elena!

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2021 via mobile

I have this 5 stars last year and was so impressed I decided to return. Unfortunately, this time it was a different story.

Firstly I must say that the staff and the food are amazing.

Now the bad bit. Room was not cleaned. We found a dirty, bloody plaster on the side! Photo attached. Said they would not be cleaning the room while we were there due to COVID. I feel this is just an excuse as the cleaning was hardly thorough the first time! Also no toiletries in the room. Again put this down to COVID but if that were true surely it would be better to give your guests individually wrapped items rather than all using the same soap dispenser! Said masks were compulsory but let a hen night with approx 10 ladies walk around with no masks - I doubt they were all exempt! Air con didn’t work and despite my husband downloading the Manuel still didn’t work. Window was locked shut so as well as being boiling there was also a big fire risk - I’m sure this would not be allowed by health and safety.

Such a shame as first time around this was such a lovely hotel and was spotlessly clean. I think you would agree finding a used plaster in your room would be disgusting and unacceptable at any time but especially when cleanliness is meant to be of upmost importance.

Really disappointed.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Donnalynno,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel.

We will be in contact directly with yourself regarding this review.

Duty Manager