Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
FindHotel
US$117
Hotels.com
Travelocity
3,154 results
All reviews train station city centre afternoon tea car park excellent location lovely hotel bars and restaurants coffee machine the air conditioning double bed family room executive room saturday night motorpoint arena floor noise prosecco
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

We stayed here from 01/08/2021 to 05/08/2021 and enjoyed our stay here . We enjoyed the afternoon tea on our first day and our breakfast. Only thing we could moan about was keys to our room could be hit and miss to open rooms . The staff were polite and help full and we also enjoyed the take away lunch . Thank you Clayton hotel Cardiff

Room tip: Have the afternoon tea
Trip type: Travelled with family
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Dear David E,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review of the hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and Afternoon Tea. It is lovely to see the staff were polite and helpful and you enjoyed the Family package.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

We have stayed here numerous times in the past and have loved it, however I found this time that the standards had slipped quite considerably. The soap dispensers in the bathroom were empty and the lamp shades by the bed were broken and hanging loosely. Double beed was not a full size double. The room did however have good facilities, including a hairdryer, an iron and ironing board, a safety deposit box and plenty of tea and coffee making facilities. Staff at the hotel were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very disappointing. Whilst I understand that the normal spread isn't available due to Covid, the itens that were currently on the menu (scanned the QR code on hotel mirror) were largely unavilable. No childrens cereals or pancakes available as advertised and only scrambled eggs in the buffet. When I asked if I could order poached eggs I was told I could have fried. I would only stay here again if the price was cheap.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear tthog,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel.

I am sad to see that you found this stay to be disappointing, I would hope that any of this was mentioned to a member of staff during your stay it could have been rectified before your departure. I am sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast, I will pass this feedback to the head chef.

I am pleased the staff were friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 5 August 2021

Had an exceptionally good stay at the hotel. The front of house team were so friendly and professional, felt relaxed as soon as we walked in. Had booked a bargain deal for our stay but were not treated as if we had. Lovely to have a bottle of prosecco at the bar to unwind. Cannot fault the cleanliness of the rooms plus there is a lovely comfortable bed. Handy to have a fridge too. Outstanding breakfast served and all covid safety measures in place. Would highly recommend and definitely return.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear mrsv318,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review of the hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your bargain of a stay and everyone was so friendly and professional. It is great to see that you enjoyed the bed, we have recently had all new beds put in the hotel.

Thank you for leaving such amazing comments and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2021

Had a wondeful experience, A staff member called Dave provided us with coffee pots, directed us to the facilities was friendly and great stay overall. Breakfast was lovely, clean tables and nice atmosphere. Frequently visit hotels and I would recommend to all

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JoJo_NewMix

Dear JoJo_NewMix,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel.

I am pleased that Dave was able to help you the facilities and provide you with the coffee pods for the machines. It is lovely to see that you enjoyed your stay, especially your breakfast.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2021 via mobile

Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Cardiff, great location in the centre with the bay about 5 minute drive away, breakfast and receptionist team friendly, professional, efficient and helpful,
the beds are really comfy, clean rooms and very COVID safe, all in all a fab stay!

Room tip: Central station car park - 1 minute walk away Cardiff bay - 5 minute drive away
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear 81carleyn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review of the hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. I am also pleased that you felt Covid safe and the staff were friendly, professional, efficient and helpful.

We hope you welcome you back soon.