5 people are viewing this hotel
US$91
Free cancellation until 06/11/21
US$91
Free cancellation until 06/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
US$89
Free cancellation until 03/11/21
Expedia.comUS$91
PricelineUS$91
ZenHotels.comUS$102
3,140 results
All reviews train station city centre afternoon tea car park excellent location lovely hotel bars and restaurants coffee machine the air conditioning buffet style double bed few minutes walk family room executive room saturday night motorpoint arena maldron
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2021

Can I just say, the Staff, and I mean all the Staff at the Clayton Cardiff were just Top Notch!!
Nothing, and I mean nothing was too much trouble!
I highly recommend this Hotel, Highly!
I am a Coach Driver, and stay in many Hotels, all my Passengers were very satisfied

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2021

Dear margaretlcain,

Thanks for taking the time to post a wonderful review online. I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,
Jason Court
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Stayed in a standard room, with Dinner, Bed and Breakfast. Was in room 713. Was a little disappointed as it's directly opposite the lifts, and was very small. Considering this is a 4 star hotel, the room felt less luxurious than I was expecting. It felt on par with a premier Inn. Soap dispenser on the wall, small bathroom, small bed. Lumpy pillows.

However, the staff at the front desk make all the difference and were very helpful and professional; they definitely make it feel like a 4*.

I was initially disappointed by the food options, as I don't eat gluten and there didn't appear to be anything on the set menu I could choose from. However, after I spoke to the server they were able to get me an amended menu, and I had a beautiful Rump Steak; by far the tastiest, most well seasoned steak I have had.

Going back to the small room to sleep, it was a disappointing night sleep, uncomfortable pillows, hot room, small bed. I've had better night sleeps.

Would I recommend, yes for the attentive staff, and nice food, but not for the actual room.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Dear Rachel S,

Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel.

I am sorry that you did not like the room, I would hope that if mentioned to a member of staff, we could have replaced the pillows during the stay and tried to rectify the other points before your departure.

However, I am pleased the staff were so helpful and professional and your server was able to accommodate your dietary requirements.

We hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed 9 August 2021

I have stayed in alot of the clayton hotels, however i am disappointed with the Cardiff clayton hotel. On arrival, the receptionist was not very friendly. I then went up to the room and the double bed was very small for 2 people. I contacted the reception to see if there was any other bigger double or 2 single beds, not helpful atall.

Dear hollymN7122OB,

Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and the staff on reception seemed unfriendly, this is not our usual standards. I will speak to the team and retrain them on customer service.

Regarding the beds, all rooms have standard double beds in the rooms.

Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

We stayed here from 01/08/2021 to 05/08/2021 and enjoyed our stay here . We enjoyed the afternoon tea on our first day and our breakfast. Only thing we could moan about was keys to our room could be hit and miss to open rooms . The staff were polite and help full and we also enjoyed the take away lunch . Thank you Clayton hotel Cardiff

Room tip: Have the afternoon tea

Dear David E,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review of the hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and Afternoon Tea. It is lovely to see the staff were polite and helpful and you enjoyed the Family package.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

We have stayed here numerous times in the past and have loved it, however I found this time that the standards had slipped quite considerably. The soap dispensers in the bathroom were empty and the lamp shades by the bed were broken and hanging loosely. Double beed was not a full size double. The room did however have good facilities, including a hairdryer, an iron and ironing board, a safety deposit box and plenty of tea and coffee making facilities. Staff at the hotel were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very disappointing. Whilst I understand that the normal spread isn't available due to Covid, the itens that were currently on the menu (scanned the QR code on hotel mirror) were largely unavilable. No childrens cereals or pancakes available as advertised and only scrambled eggs in the buffet. When I asked if I could order poached eggs I was told I could have fried. I would only stay here again if the price was cheap.

Dear tthog,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel.

I am sad to see that you found this stay to be disappointing, I would hope that any of this was mentioned to a member of staff during your stay it could have been rectified before your departure. I am sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast, I will pass this feedback to the head chef.

I am pleased the staff were friendly and helpful.