Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$91
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Booking.comUS$91
Expedia.comUS$91
ZenHotels.comUS$103
3,131 results
All reviews train station city centre afternoon tea car park excellent location lovely hotel bars and restaurants coffee machine the air conditioning buffet style double bed few minutes walk family room executive room saturday night motorpoint arena maldron
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2021

Check in was good and we could leave our bags. Was busy but easy. Hotel is modern and right in the town center. Two minutes walk from the train station and good parking. Room is comfortable and shower good. Room well appointed if small. Bar is okay but did not eat. More a 3 star not a 4 star

Date of stay: August 2021
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2021

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review online. I'm glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us and hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

Stayed here at the beginning of June, I booked a deal of dinner, glass of bubbly, bed, breakfast & late checkout.
Room had a comfortable double bed.
Power Shower over bath. Shower gel and hand soap smelt lovely.
3 course meal in the restaurant was delicious, we were sat by the window - also sat here for breakfast, which was also delicious. Due to covid - buffet breakfast went up and told staff what you’d like and they placed it on tray and plated up cooked breakfast.
Late checkout of 2pm was superb.
Great location for shops.
There’s chargeable parking close by too.
I’d recommend this hotel and definitely would return.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 458jellycat,

Thanks for taking the time to post a great review online. I'm delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and would recommend us to friends and family.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Can I just say, the Staff, and I mean all the Staff at the Clayton Cardiff were just Top Notch!!
Nothing, and I mean nothing was too much trouble!
I highly recommend this Hotel, Highly!
I am a Coach Driver, and stay in many Hotels, all my Passengers were very satisfied

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear margaretlcain,

Thanks for taking the time to post a wonderful review online. I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Stayed in a standard room, with Dinner, Bed and Breakfast. Was in room 713. Was a little disappointed as it's directly opposite the lifts, and was very small. Considering this is a 4 star hotel, the room felt less luxurious than I was expecting. It felt on par with a premier Inn. Soap dispenser on the wall, small bathroom, small bed. Lumpy pillows.

However, the staff at the front desk make all the difference and were very helpful and professional; they definitely make it feel like a 4*.

I was initially disappointed by the food options, as I don't eat gluten and there didn't appear to be anything on the set menu I could choose from. However, after I spoke to the server they were able to get me an amended menu, and I had a beautiful Rump Steak; by far the tastiest, most well seasoned steak I have had.

Going back to the small room to sleep, it was a disappointing night sleep, uncomfortable pillows, hot room, small bed. I've had better night sleeps.

Would I recommend, yes for the attentive staff, and nice food, but not for the actual room.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Dear Rachel S,

Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel.

I am sorry that you did not like the room, I would hope that if mentioned to a member of staff, we could have replaced the pillows during the stay and tried to rectify the other points before your departure.

However, I am pleased the staff were so helpful and professional and your server was able to accommodate your dietary requirements.

We hope we can welcome you back again.

Kind regards
Fiona Snook
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2021

I have stayed in alot of the clayton hotels, however i am disappointed with the Cardiff clayton hotel. On arrival, the receptionist was not very friendly. I then went up to the room and the double bed was very small for 2 people. I contacted the reception to see if there was any other bigger double or 2 single beds, not helpful atall.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear hollymN7122OB,

Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and the staff on reception seemed unfriendly, this is not our usual standards. I will speak to the team and retrain them on customer service.

Regarding the beds, all rooms have standard double beds in the rooms.

Kind regards