6 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$90
eDreamsUS$91
TravelocityUS$90
3,129 results
All reviews train station city centre afternoon tea car park excellent location lovely hotel bars and restaurants coffee machine the air conditioning buffet style double bed few minutes walk family room executive room saturday night motorpoint arena maldron
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

Amazing stay, evenging meal was stunning with a very relaxed atmosphere and staff were lovely. Breakfast was stunning, good quality and loads to choose from. Room was comfortable, shower very good, best nights sleep in a long time. All the staff were friendly and very accommodating.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2021

Dear nicolapM,

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback online. I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and found the food to be stunning.

I do hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

Checked-in today and I already know I’ll never come back. I booked a room for me, my partner and our small child - i.e. a room with an extra bed for the child. In reputable hotels extra beds are put as a norm in larger rooms or junior suites. In this hotel instead what they did is use a shoe box room in which the normal double bed has been replaced with a very small bed - so small that two normal sized adults cannot really sleep together - and so that they could squeeze in the extra bed for the child. What a scam!

Add to the above that the room does not even have a proper window - the all shoebox has a 50cm wide window - and the experience is totally claustrophobic.

And cherry on the pie: the fittings are so subpar that there is not even a plug for an electric toothbrush or shaver in the bathroom. If they had not made me pay for my 3 nights in advance (now I know why) I would have left for another hotel already.

Never again and considering leaving early despite having paid already for the stay.

PS stayed the 3 nights in the end, and the experience got even worse thanks to: drunk people noisy at night, a night fire alarm, and the hotel not even restocking coffee for the rooms for 3 days.

Room tip: Avoid especially if travelling with children
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Chris J,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review online. Please accept my apologies that the room you had booked was fell short of your expectations. I can confirm you had booked a Family Room (Double and single bed) and have been operating these rooms the same way for over 10 years. Unfortunately we do not have junior suites at the hotel.

All windows in the hotel are floor to ceiling and 90cm wide.

Once again please accept my apologies that this hotel wasn't what you had expected.

Reviewed 16 August 2021

Spent 2 night here in July.
We enjoyed it, comfy room. 9th floor. super fast lift.

Had an evening meal the one night.
The restaurant has good views over Cardiff centre.
Food was 7/10. Check in and check out great

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank busybodies

Dear busybodies,

Thanks for taking the time to post review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your time with us and hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

Room was in a brilliant condition, clean and tidy with no dust on cabinet tops , there are extra towels and pillows in the room ready making sure you don’t need a trip back down to reception , staff are friendly and helpful. We used the express check out which is as easy as selecting a time online and then dropping the key card at the exit

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear caelchamberlain2,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review online! I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and found the team to be friendly and helpful.

The express check out is a new feature we are trialling so will be delighted to feed back your experience using this.

I do hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2021

I wanted to be able to write something positive but couldn’t find many pluses. It’s set up cater for stag and hen parties. The COVID policy of not servicing rooms may just work for single night but not for more.
The place looks tired and the staff seem few on the ground.
The breakfast was average at best .
The housekeeper was helpful eventually but poor service overall.
It didn’t help having a fire alarm go off at 1am on Saturday and no apology or compensation.
Not for me again.

Room tip: Even deluxe rooms have small bathrooms.
1  Thank tonypalmer

Dear tonypalmer,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review online. The team are currently not entering occupied rooms for the safety of our team and guests alike. We are able to service rooms on a request basis and able to drop any items guests may need to the room.

as with many industries at present hospitality is understaffed and we are attempting to cope as best we can under the circumstances.

The fire alarm is a life saving piece of equipment and guest safety is of our upmost priority therefore should fire bells ever ring it wouldn't be the case to offer compensation due to this being out of our control.