Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$77
PricelineUS$77
ZenHotels.comUS$80
3,161 results
All reviews train station city centre afternoon tea car park excellent location lovely hotel bars and restaurants coffee machine the air conditioning double bed family room executive room saturday night motorpoint arena floor noise prosecco
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 November 2021

From beginning to the end it wasn’t at all good. We had nothing but trouble.
When we came in they couldn’t find us on the system therefore we had to wait sometime to go up to our rooms after 6 1/2 hour drive. We eventually got it and the aircon in the room wasn’t working. I reported it to reception but nothing got done about it ( please see attached for photo).

I ordered some food (room service) phoned and ordered a chicken and bacon sandwich. I asked the lady on the phone if there was any sauce. She mentioned there was a “little bit” of Mayo as she stated. The sandwich came and it was a chicken and bacon mixed with Mayo. I later phone reception and got told he would phone me back. He phoned and said ‘you can choose from another sandwich but other than that we aren’t able to do anything for you”. I also previously mentioned that there wasn’t anything else on the menu that I liked. Refused to give me money back although the sandwich hadn’t of been touched. The service we received from reception was appalling.

Second day. Bins weren’t at all emptied in the room, there were stains on 2 of the towels on the side. Which were put “clean” by the cleaners. All they did wAs half do the bed.

On the same night the fire alarm went off. There was no structure to it what so ever. It was just purely a mess. Surely staff should be fire trained. No one had a clue what was going on. We were offered no drinks. We were evacuated and basically left outside. No reassurance from the staff. They were all stood by the door jangling with no care towards the people who were staying there.
We were there for 2 hours with not having a clue what was going on. It was absolutely shocking.
For then the same night the fire alarm going off at 1:30am in the morning. We rushed went downstairs to get told by a member of staff on the stairs “hahaha yeah it’s just the drill to make sure its all working”. It was disgraceful. The staff could’ve informed everyone before going in they had to do it and for us to ignore it. That never happened. It was all a big mess absolute shambles!

My partner was boxing for Wales both days and got no sleep Saturday night due to all fo this. We travelled 6 1/2 hours from Anglesey to be treated the way we did.

Disappointed isn’t the word.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2021

Hi Tamara,

Many thanks for your feedback.

I am very concerned about your review. However, please be reassured that I have personally contacted you via telephone and email. However, am still awaiting your reply. This would enable us to discuss your experience further and of course, I would like to personally assist further.

I do look forward hearing from you very soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2021

Just had a 1 night stay in the Clayton, having stopped here before and new how good it was. Lunch was excellent and the rooms where very clean and tidy. Good atmosphere in the bar after the rugby (not rowdy at all) and a goods nights sleep. Breakfast was excellent as well. Staff were first class in there service and attitude. I would definitely recommend the Clayton for its Location and great service.

Room tip: Higher floors have less noise
Date of stay: November 2021
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2021

Hi Vonnynick,

Many thanks for your great review!

Our team are very pleased to hear that you had a great experience with us at the Clayton Hotel, Cardiff.

Please be reassured that I have passed on all your great comments.

Reviewed 19 November 2021 via mobile

Had the most wonderful welcome, the staff on reception were friendly, efficient and nothing was too much trouble. Chris especially is attentive without being overly so and greeted me like an old friend always having time to chat. Had an evening meal for the first time here which was lovely and once again the service was impeccable. Thankyou very much for an enjoyable stay

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2021

Hi Sightsee629030,

Many thanks for your great feedback.

We are very pleased to hear about your great experience with us at the Clayton Hotel, Cardiff. Please be reassured that I have personally passed on your review to Chris whom is delighted with your experience.

Our team do look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 November 2021 via mobile

My husband and I booked a room at the Clayton hotel Cardiff. The hotel is stylish and welcoming.Staff are very friendly and helpful.Food is brilliant.We had Prosecco and Brunch which was a lovely treat after shopping.The hotel is also very close to the train station.We will return again next month.

Room tip: There is no parking at the hotel,however the station is very close and taxi’s are outside.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2021

Hi Discover5195668873,

Many thanks for your great review!

Our team are thoroughly pleased with your experience. Please be reassured that I have passed on all your great comments.

Reviewed 10 November 2021

Micheal, the guy at the reception was so much help. Deserves a pay rise!! He helped in every way he could and was very kind. The rooms were also very clean. Highly recommend to anyone who’s visiting Cardiff.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2021

Hi Ashton,

Many thanks for your great feedback. Our team are very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time with us at the Clayton Hotel, Cardiff.

Please be reassured that I have personally passed on all your wonderful comments to Michael who is delighted with your experience.