Lowest prices for your stay
US$57
Hotels.comUS$57
PricelineUS$57
travelup.comUS$72
1,489 results
All reviews motorpoint arena room was clean city centre car park excellent location close to shops good nights sleep stayed here for one night concert pubs castle
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 November 2021

Stayed here for one night, when going to a concert in the St Davids hall. Your typical budget hotel nothing fancy here. Friendly staff, a clean room, and a good nights sleep. They put as on the ground floor, which we thought we be noisy,as there was a road outside, Closed the widow couldnt hear a thing. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2021
Marc Lock, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2021

Reviewed 4 November 2021

The good point the location of this hotel in Central Cardiff is a big plus, just across the road from The Motorpoint Arena and a short walk from the main shopping area.
Staff are reasonably professional, on checking in staff were confused that I had booked an extra night surely this is not an unusual situation. Also being a member of the ACCOR loyalty scheme I had to remind staff that I am entitled to a free drink voucher.
The bar/breakfast area is quite small and in need of sprucing up.
The room was clean and being of the older/not yet refurbed IBIS stock has TV on a corner unit, this I actually prefer to the current fashion of a unit on the wall which cuts space between bed and wall. There was no "socket cube" which are available in lots of IBIS hotels so had to plug kettle in beside the bed and carry a boiling kettle across the room!
On checking out we spoke to staff who informed us there was no luggage room, having just walked past a room with a luggage sign on the door, it is of course possible that they use this for something else but an explanation would have been nice.
Whether this hotel is owned by a franchise holder or a company using ACCOR branding I expect certain standards, especially being brand loyal. I felt that I was an inconvenience for displaying brand loyalty.

Date of stay: November 2021
Marc Lock, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2021

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on 02920 649250. Kind regards

Reviewed 2 November 2021

Nice clean compact room. Toiletries provided, heating/Air Conditioning unit. Friendly staff. Lovely breakfast. The hotel is just across the road from a car park and the Motorpoint Arena. Staying there again in November.

Date of stay: October 2021

Reviewed 15 October 2021 via mobile

Good location. Clean as far as we can tell. Basic necessities covered. Price range really good for what the room offers and location.
Breakfast a bit expensive for what it offers.
Beware! They mention parking on the website but in reality they don't offer parking. It is just private parkings near the hotel that you need to pay for extra average £20/day.

Room tip: They don't offer parking as mentioned at the website
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 September 2021

Awful stay at Ibis Cardiff. Old tired room with mould around the window sills and musty smell, not worth the money. Also there was reconstruction work going on that we were not informed about therefore we were woken up at 8am most mornings to the sounds of loud drilling.
Informed the manager Marc who was not concerned and extremely rude. I am shocked this man is representing the company because he has no compassion and makes promises he can't keep, probably just to fob you off.
I have since contacted this hotel to enquire about my complaint and had the phone put down on me twice by Marc the manager who does not want to deal with my concerns.
Absolutely ludicrous!!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Marc Lock, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2021