Lowest prices for your stay
US$106
Hotels.comUS$106
eDreamsUS$106
getaroom.comUS$117
1,804 results
All reviews millennium stadium city centre opposite the castle bute park car park excellent location family room breakfast was excellent stayed here for one night good nights sleep taff rugby concert bay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here on the way home from North Wales. The hotel is well positioned although we the changes to the roads threw us a little. The room was comfortable, it needed some TLC eg one of the lights in the bathroom didn't work and the fan didn't come on. The room smelled a little stale - it probably had not been used for some time.

Wheelchair accessibility
We were absolutely delighted that the ceiling track hoist is back in use at the hotel - huge thanks for this. Otherwise things were ok - sufficient room in the bedroom, a small lift to get to the restaurant, a couple of lifts to go up to the bedrooms. We were not asked to complete a PEEP which is unusual for Holiday Inns (maybe policy has changed). Reception could do with a lower desk for wheelchair users.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

I had stayed at this hotel years ago with work so it had been a while, but we were in Cardiff for a meal so decided to stay again.

Carpark out the back is fine, £13 for an overnight stay which is average for Cardiff.

Check in was fine, no issues.

Room on the top floor at the back of the hotel was absolutely fine, clean and you can see the start of changes for upgrade which is good to see. Room had a little fridge in which was handy.

We used the bar for a couple of drinks when we returned from our meal, service was great.

Had a great nights sleep, room dark and quiet.

Breakfast was also really good, still an assisted hot buffet but that is fine. Self service for everything else. £10 each was very reasonable.

I would definitely stay here again!

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back, the road at the front is very busy and can be loud on a weekend.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

I’ve stayed in many IHG properties, specifically Holiday Inn’s and this has to be one of the more disappointing stays.

The pro’s being that the location is great. However, the property is tired throughout. The reception, bar and restaurant areas are dingy and uninvited.

The room I was allocated was tiny in both the bedroom and bathroom areas. Notably, the room was in dire need of a refurb. Fixtures and fittings throughout were old. The shower head was covered in red deposit, which can be easily cleaned on a regular basis but wasn’t. Overall, this did not make for a pleasant stay. So much so that I avoiding spending any time longer than I needed to in the room.

I was hoping that things would look up at breakfast time. Whilst the service was good, the quality of the hot breakfast items were poor and coffee / juices were undrinkable.

I would hope that this property is due for a refurb in the near future? If not, then the owners are clearly milking the hotel for every penny.

I certainly wouldn’t pay more than £60/70 to pay in a standard room here. Please put your money towards a Premier Inn (or other property) instead. There are certainly better properties at similar rates in the centre.

Date of stay: August 2021
Richard Platts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Iba1828

I am sorry that your experience was below expectations, thanks you for your feedback however which is most helpful.

Please be assured I will be using this to make improvements where appropriate.

Kind regards

Richard Platts
GM

Reviewed 6 August 2021 via mobile

My husband booked us into the executive room as it was our wedding anniversary. On arrival the reception lady gave us our keys. We went up to the room to discover a FILTHY room of very low quality AWFUL. I will add a few pictures at the end. The room was bog standard. So we went to reception and told the lady. She was joined by another receptionist who proceed to give us another key and 2 x complimentary drinks.
To be honest at almost £400 for 2 nights we was not happy.
The room was much better and yes the executive room eventually. Still dirty in parts but at this point we wanted to go have a nice time.

The lights by the bed the bulb needed changing. And they need to hire cleaners that clean.

I complained but to be honest looking now at reviews it seems to me that Richard the manager gets back to everyone on here saying he will look into the issues with the hotel.
This is unacceptable and disappointing to be honest. What a depressing dirty, untrained staff everywhere. What's the point in getting back to any of your customers. As unless it's a refund your offering an appolagy off Richard just don't cut it to be honest.

Also to top all this off the safety deposit box didn't work and the complimentary drink was a JOKE. Some young lad on the bar with no persality at all, He looked like he wanted to be anywhere but at work. His attitude was awful like the hotel. Also he asked out room number twice once he had served us. And he said your not aloud a double only a single on the free drinks. What a JOKE. Avoid this JOKE OF A HOTEL.

The best point of the hotel was the view. Filthy holiday inn yuck.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank emolucy

Dear emoluchy

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you had such a disappointing stay.

I would be happy to pick this up off line, if you wish to contact me by email richard.platts@hicardiffcitycentre.co.uk

Kind regards

Richard Platts
GM

Reviewed 4 August 2021

We stayed with our 2 little kids and staff was absolutely wonderful, hotel needs a bit updating but the people at the reception, bar and restaurant couldn't be much more helpful and accommodating.
Absolutely wonderful people and we had wonderful stay

Trip type: Travelled with family