Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
Priceline
Trip.com
US$35
SAVE US$2
FindHotelUS$37
ZenHotels.comUS$37
1,218 results
All reviews train station travel lodge room was clean a lot of noise perfect location motorpoint arena would stay again bars and restaurants one night stay wetherspoons concert hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 December 2020 via mobile

Paid £50 for one night stay for two people. Wouldn’t pay more. Hotel is very shabby looking, the reception door leading into the stairwell has a hole in it like it’s been kicked in and the lift was broken after ‘someone ripped the buttons off’ which was a nuisance as I am disabled with mobility issues. The receptionist put us on the first floor but still was 4 flights of stairs.
The lady on reception was really nice though.
There was no soap in the dispenser which was very bad during a pandemic. Luckily I had a bar of soap in my bag so I couldn’t bother going to ask for more.
The bed was clean and comfy and the room was overall clean and aired out well.
The lamp shade was broken as if it had been punched in. I wouldn’t pay more than £50 to stay. Three homeless men loitered outside all night asking if they could stay with us as they had nowhere else to go...
great if you don’t mind having just having a kip somewhere for cheap.
I have stayed in nicer travelodges

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
James From the Social Media Team, General Manager at Travelodge Cardiff Central, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2020

Thank you for submitting your review.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment following your recent stay with us.

We hope to ensure all of our guests have a comfortable stay, and we are sorry that we did not achieve this on this occasion.

If you wish to contact us directly so that we can discuss your experience further, please be aware that you can always contact our Customer Services team via our website.

All customer feedback is valuable to us, so thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 4 October 2020

Lovely stay. Very clean basic hotel, very good position, very friendly reception. In the heart of Cardiff for a family visit. Extremely reasonable price. No hassle booking. Shame they don't have parking but parked at station for £12.50 per night.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 27 September 2020

Amazing prices tidy room was spotless actually and considering its based in the middle of a busy night life didn't hear a thing would definitely stay again staff was lovely and.cudnt help enough. Defo recommend

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 10 September 2020

After being let down Travelodge stepped up . Clean and friendly staff perfect place . Ideal location . Was right in the heart of everything . Shops and bustling nightlife. Could have picked a better place .

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 6 September 2020

When I got to the door of the Cardiff central, I thought how small, I went in and was pleasantly surprise, I was greeted by a welcoming receptionist, who booked me in.when I went through towards the lift, there was 2 maintenance men, who gave up the lift for me and my 3 grandkids, I felt sorry for them as they had tool box in hand, but thanks much appreciated. We stayed for a week and I couldn’t fault the hotel or staff , my only complaint was the beds are too comfy, I didn’t want to get up. Room was spacious and clean and plenty of towels. We ate at the Great Western next door and there was plenty to see and do, we couldn’t fit it all in, looking forward to coming again with all my family, god help Cardiff.
I must admit that when travelling anywhere, I first look for a Travelodge as I have never had a bad experience with them. Thank you to the staff for the warm welcome

Date of stay: August 2020