“Feeding my boys at exam time”
Review of Cafe Conor

Cafe Conor
Ranked #93 of 1,181 Restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are open from breakfast till late and have numerous delicious modern European dishes to choose.From original comfort foods and classic dishes, there will be something for everyone. We are known in Belfast for delivering the best from tasty homemade snacks to hearty evening meals. Our unusual high-ceilinged room is brightened with the natural light from the lantern roof and was originally the studio of local artist William Conor (1944-1954).
Reviewed 23 May 2018

called down to Belfast to visit my sons during their exams. Took them to zconors one had fish and chips one had a burger and I had the Thai curry -one word Fantastic.

Dessert icecream with caramel sauce. lovely

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I have visited Cafe Conor a number of times and have always been impressed. This visit failed to live up to previous experiences. The service wasn’t great, one of the waitresses was quite abrupt when asking ‘so are you actually having food?’. A coffee order was forgotten. My omelette was dry although my friends who had the big breakfast were very satisfied with their choice. It was extremely busy- maybe that’s the reason, but not an excuse.

1  Thank Moe E
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Just a stonesthrow away from Queens University and the Ulster Museum, this delightful café features an innovative selection of delicious food.
Popular with both students as well as city sophisticates, I can't recommend this place enough! Definitely the most atmosphere I saw in Belfast, after the Crown Bar.

1  Thank Kenn H
Reviewed 6 May 2018

I went here as a recommendation from a friend and at first everything went well. We were seated, had our food and paid, but as the waiter brought back our change, he threw the coins on the table. This is the first time that someones ever thrown money at me and I found it extremely rude and insulting. Although we were planning to tell the waiter to keep the change, we didn't want to leave anything to a place that made us want bring everything that we'd eaten back up again. I definitely won't be visiting here ever again.

3  Thank S B
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We visited Café Conor on Sunday 23 April. There was a queue of people waiting to be seated (as usual), but we persisted and eventually.......quite some time later....we got a table. We had just settled and were ready to order, when a server asked us if we would move to another table to accommodate a larger party. We did so, and were told that our coffee and tea would be complimentary, which was good customer service. I had a big breakfast and my friend had eggs benedict. The latter was smothered in grilled cheese, which was "different," but not in a great way. My fry was large, but otherwise nothing extraordinary. The atmosphere is bright and lively. As we left we had to squeeze past the queue to get in. Was the food worth the wait? Not really.

1  Thank _joannaharriott