Lagan Backpackers
PremierInn.com
US$68
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree cooked breakfastfavourite hostelcommon roombed dormcommon areascity centreshared bathroomother guestsvisit belfast againulster museumlagancurtainsprivacyirelandcausewaypubs
Reviewed 10 April 2012

pretty heartwarmed reception and good introduction concerning the sightseeing in Belfast. Yummy breakfast and valuable hostel/.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We had a great experiencie in Belfast and a big part was because of this hostel...
The staff was very nice, they were very helpful both the day and night staff..
In the morning they cooked for us a free breakfast ...we enjoyed our stay!
I will recommend this hostel to everyone!
I will for sure stay there again if I get the chance.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This hostel is perfectly situated within Belfast, a comfortable walk from the train station and a block away from the botanical gardens. The staff was excellent, and they cooked an amazing breakfast - included in the already fair price of accommodation! I can't wait to get back to Belfast!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I had a really nice stay in Lagan Backpackers. The stuff was really nice and gave us a map and instructions for the sightseeing possibilities. We didn't even asked for it that was great. All the planning for a black cab tour and a tour to the giant's causeway was managed by them. For the black cab tour we were made to meet other travelers for that it's cheaper what was great.
The breakfast is fresh made and delicious and included in the prize what is amazing.
The location is nice because of the relaxed atmosphere near to the university so perfect for everybody who likes the student lifestyle. I would really recommend this hostel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2012

The owner was friendly and gave us a map and guide to the attractions round the city. The hostel was rather out of the way on a street full of for sale/ to let properties not really sure why. The free cooked breakfast was good, the sheets were clean and the bathrooms were ok. The locks didn't feel very secure and looked like DIY jobs. The carpets were frayed, the paintwork wasn't very neat and there was mould on the shower ceiling. In the evening everyone got drunk and didn't really want to talk, so that was quite scary. We stayed in the city centre until bed time to avoid it. Not the hostels fault but we hardly got any sleep cause a guy in our room snored the worst I have ever heard, two other snorers didn't help. Nothing stopped him snoring. Worst of all my boyfriend woke to find someone looking through his stuff trying to steal things! Good thing everything of value was locked away. Still very unnerving though. We gave up on sleeping at about 7. If you are looking for a hostel in Belfast I would recommend Vagabonds Hostel instead.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MMacKa
laganbackpackers, Owner at Lagan Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Hi

My apologies. We try not to take groups that make our guests uncomfortable. In this case they made many separate bookings(i have put a ban on that in my terms and conditions so i can turn them away in future)
Again my appologies about the groups behaviour