All reviews free breakfast bed dorm female dorm hostel guests common areas black taxi tour enjoyed my stay hot water clean rooms bus station would definitely stay here again min walk cereal backpackers pubs storage causeway
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I visited the hostel for 3 nights, Best solo experience ever during traveling. Felt like back in my Erasmus, all the guys from the staff are extremely kind and caring. They don't act like hosts but true friends, like you were visiting them. Totally recommended. You can have delicious food prepared by Bob for dinner for a small fee, breakfast is nice and free, the living area is cozy and you could never possibly get bored. Cheers.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2017

I expected this hostel to be a hole in the wall, since we paid less than 20 pounds a night (per person) to stay there. However, the hostel was actually very clean and tidy, and the guy that checked us in was very friendly! He invited us to a bar crawl that they took the hostel guests on (we didn't participate), and the small party they were having in the downstairs lounge area. They also had free toast and cereal for breakfast, which was a nice surprise. The beds were comfortable and clean, and while the street outside was a little loud, some cheap earplugs did the trick (which they also sold at the front desk). It was about an 8-10 minute walk to the city center, which wasn't bad, and a 5 minute walk to Queen's college. Overall, would definitely stay here again!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2017

By far one of my favorite weekends spent in a hostel! Loved that there were actually people using the common areas and the overall social/welcoming atmosphere of the place. As a solo traveler its always nice to stay in a place where its easy to meet others, and my experience in Belfast was significantly better because of the people I met here.The staff were really friendly and outgoing, which always adds to the experience. Location is great, short walk from the bus station and easy to get everywhere. My only complaints might be that the beds weren't super comfortable, but in line with what I expect at a hostel. Would love to come back and highly recommend staying here!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2017

This was such a friendly hostel! The staff were great! If you're looking for a sleek, modern hostel then this may not be the place, it is more cosy/homey and packed full of backpackers. The room itself was fairly standard, the only annoying things were the lack of electrical plugs (only 4 sockets between 14 people) and the storage under the bed which was broken so we couldn't lock it. There was 2 toilets and 2 showers between 14, which was fine but they were not overly clean (mould build up). Breakfast was great- toast, cereal, oranges with hot and cold drinks. The hostel is well located to get to all the sights and they have hostel events which they work hard to invite everyone staying too! Overall quite average accommodation but made really good by the atmosphere and staff!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I spent two nights in the 14 bed mixed dorm. The staff were welcoming when I arrived and continued to be helpful throughout my stay.

The bathroom in the dorm could have been cleaner but I enjoyed a lovely shower in the outside shower room! Would have been useful to have a lamp/light under the bunk because the room is very dark at night time.

I didn't get to enjoy the free breakfast because I left the hostel too early in the morning (breakfast served after 0800).

All in all I slept very well here and I think this hostel represents good value for money.

Date of stay: June 2017