“Awful discrimination by female bouncer ”
Review of Thompson's Garage

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thompson's Garage
Ranked #73 of 89 Nightlife in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular dance club that plays lots of house and techno.
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

As a part of a party of 6 myself and the others are all 19+ 4 of us were refused access by the female bouncer, but the other two where allowed in by the male bouncer. She asked to see my Facebook account so I showed it to her and she still denied my access. I then followed up to say "excuse me but is that not invading my privacy as it's not an authorised form of iD" she gave a very aggressive response saying "love I wouldn't want you on me Facebook, just checking who you are".
Then after trying to explain to the female bouncer that we travelled 52 miles, an hour and half drive she laughed in my face and told me to "catch myself on". I was very taken back by this remark as I found it very unprofessional. We then stood there for 15 minutes outside waiting for our two friends to come back out so we could go somewhere else as our bus was due back for 4 hours. The female bouncer stood staring at me and began talking about us very loudly to the other bouncers. I am extremely offended and upset about how they have infringed my rights, overtly discriminated myself and my friends and they have over all ruined my 19th birthday weekend.
I can confidently say that we will never go back.

2  Thank Niamh G

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

My friends and I would normally attend Thompson's garage two or three times per week. It is a local club near our homes and we have all been been loyal visitors from we turned 18 years old. Last night we were heading to the club and went to walk in past the bouncers each having 3-4 forms of identification each to prove our age. I approached a male bouncer and showed him one form of ID before leading to him asking for another, I then showed him my second form and he let me through. While standing waiting on my friend showing her identification a women bouncer (apparently the 'boss') shouted to the bouncer looking at her Identification "send her to the back of the line, she's not getting in tonight" I find this comment extremely embarrassing towards my friend due to the fact she had 4 forms of identification with her, she attends the club 2-3 times per week and she has always been a loyal customer. After being turned away by a female bouncer that didn't even look at her identification the male bouncer then turned to me and said "that's not you on that ID either", I offered to show him my social media on my phone but he didn't give me the time of day. We then tried to get into the club again by going to the back of the line, when we got to the top of the line the female bouncer then shouted "them girls have already tried to get in, don't let them through" my friend then went and asked the female bouncer what the problem was and the way she spoke to my friend was almost on the verge of being aggressive. While walking away from the club the a bouncer then started shouting down at us "Oi Oi just you walk away" in front of a crowd of people which was extremely embarrassing. My other friend Erin then saw a girl she knew, she was 15 years old being let into the club, Erin shouted through the bouncers "she's 15 and shes been let in", all of a sudden the bouncers started shouting comments at Erin publicly humiliating her to the point that she was in tears. Not to mention the amount of 15, 16 and 17 underage people being let into the club with fake ID's is ridiculous. Many people on drugs also attend the club and there didn't seem to be a problem with them being let through the door. Never in the 2 years I have been attending Thompson's have I experienced such embarrassment of that female bouncer not letting us 19 year olds with many forms of identification through the doors. I can proudly say my friends and I will never be attending the club again and Thompson's garage have lost out 4 loyal customers due to the rude bouncers at the door.

4  Thank katebemck
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Came here with my friends whilst on holiday. We were told it was the only place that stayed open late. So we went. When we first got there the bouncer said we could not get in for half hour. We waited and it wasn't long he let us in.

We got the drinks with no problem and had a laugh in there. The toilet attendant was also very lovely and present! However when we went up stairs there was a fight between two girls. A very bad one. No bouncers came over and stopped this we thought that was strange. We carried on drinking and dancing anyway. To then witness a second fight between a few people boy and girls. Again no bouncers came over to stop this. We carried on dancing we ended up dancing on the booth chairs and bouncers came over and kicked us out. Apparently it's okay to have a fight in here but you must not dance on the booth chairs.

1  Thank sjh92
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Music was nice, but the girls only want to 123456789
To many guys and drunk toerists and too young people

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Fantastic night, brilliant staff and music was banging!!! Will definitely be back next time I'm in Belfast!!!

2  Thank Corinna G