“Questionable cleanliness”

Add it.
Nana's Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Castlewellan
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

I’d high hopes for this little place, the table and floor were quite dirty when we went in but it was busy. A couple of tatty menus covered in marker were set in front of us without a word and zero effort made to wipe our table so we just got a bad feel about cleanliness and left. We didn’t try the food obviously so I’ve given it three stars instead of one to give them the benefit of the doubt on that.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (13)

Reviewed 1 August 2021

So me and the wife and friends with us called in after visiting Mount Panther Farm. I had checked reviews on this place the night before on Google and they were good.we walked into a quirky little cafe and took a table to sit 6 people. Nothing was any trouble for these guys, the staff were excellent. We all ordered our meals and drinks..and they came all perfectly presented..this is no greasy spoon cafe..everyone commented on how good the food was, I myself had the curry and rice and it was hot..the 2 kids had lasagne and I could tell it wasn't any of that frozen rubbish other cafes sell...and the wife had chicken goujons that looked more like fillets than goujons, they were massive and she said how nice they were..and the other 2 had a fry and a panini..if your looking food in Castlewellan give this place a try..fir 6 of us it came to £60 which we thought was reasonable..well done Nana's Kitchen..10 out of 10...

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 12 September 2020 via mobile

Beautiful food, friendly staff! I would highly recommend anyone to visit nana’s kitchen yous won’t be disappointed!

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 16 March 2020 via mobile

Fantastic at Paddy's day Eve stew along with delish home made wheaten bread! Check this out. It's just FAB

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

The best staff, genuinely lovely and caring people will always go out of their way to help you! Great place to take young children, the best place to sit in and eat, everything cooked to perfection, even when really busy food comes out quick and to a very high standard! Great prices too, we visit most Sundays and on the kids birthdays! Always so warm and welcome I would recommend to anyone!

Date of visit: November 2019