Oakleigh House
Book now, pay at stay
US$123
US$109
TripAdvisor
All reviewstollymore forest parkone nightsun roomstayed herewelcoming hostsnext morningbeautiful locationrayleighaccommodationmournestvwedding
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

We were in Tollymore forest for a 2 day competition and decided to stay over to save driving home and back again early next morning.A very nice welcome followed by a run down of all available. Room was big enough for us,clean and warm and comfy.Breakfast is a must and freshly cooked and more if you want.Very enjoyable stay.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

I've never been one for expectations so I always go in somewhere with an open mind but what I do want is friendly hosts, clean and comfortable accommodation and a delicious breakfast. The Oakleigh had it all and then some.......easy to find, stunning views from the room, plenty of parking.

I stayed here with my family for a wedding at the burrendale and to be honest I'd pick this place over them any day....plenty of free coffee, wi-Fi, TV what's not to love......and even a lovely friendly family dog

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2016

I'll be honest and say I had no expectations as this was a quick trip, however apron discovering Oakleigh house, I will say I most definitely be back. The room was spotless and so comfortable. Pam and Jan were so friendly and welcoming I felt I was home from home, breakfast was excellent the choice was amazing, although I ate far to much.
Thank you girls for such a lovely stay, I will be back soon.

Room Tip: All rooms have green views
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night - Jan and Margaret were very welcoming...I liked their "no rules" policy in regards to checking out, this allowed me to relax and gave me time to have a short walk in Tollymore Forest park which is only 5mins up the road.

The B&B is on a quiet road with amazing views of the Mourne Mountains. It's quite close to the Town, it took me about 20mins to walk there. The breakfast was of a good size with a great big pot of strong coffee.

I've got another family next year so I hope to stay at this B&B again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2016

My husband and I stayed at Oakleigh House recently. Our room was very small. No room to open up one case, never mind two - unless you set them on top of the bed. The bed was comfortable and clean but the decor in the room, very dated. There were vertical blinds on the window but no curtains which meant that the early morning light shone in, waking you up. The bathroom was very basic with nowhere to set anything except on the windowsill. The shower cubicle in one corner had no tiling, just painted walls. As the shower head was the overhead fixed type, the walls didn't appear to have suffered too much! The tea and coffee making facilities were out in the hall, outside bedroom door. There was a good selection of teas but no caffeinated coffee which I like first thing in the morning! There were tasty biscuits supplied. We were able to choose what time we wanted breakfast. This consisted of pure orange juice, wheaten bread, a small selection of cereals and a cooked tasty breakfast which 'Granny' cooked us to our requirements. The location is very peaceful and 'Granny' and her daughter very friendly. If you want to spend a bit of time in your room or like a bit more luxury, this B&B would not be an ideal choice. However, for the price, it does the job, providing clean accommodation and an adequate breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple