“Great history of the city”
Review of The Siege Museum

The Siege Museum
Ranked #25 of 142 things to do in Derry
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Well curated and felt like it tried to tell each side of the story. Learnt a lot about the siege and got a real feel of how life would have been like at this time.

All reviews
"city"
in 12 reviews
"insight"

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We stopped here as part of our walking tour around Derry. There was a young chap that gave us an impromptu history lesson about the siege. They were not expecting a group, but were very friendly and accommodating when we arrived on their doorstep. It was very interesting to hear 'the other side of the story' since this version of the event was from the Protestant point of view. I enjoyed strolling through this museum and learned a fair bit about Derry's history. Our visit was cut short as we discovered an Apprentice Boys parade was about to take place while we were there.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I am from derry city and had friends from Glasgow visiting who wanted to visit the siege museum.
I was never in the museum and didn’t quite know what to expect coming from a different background!

Firstly I would like to thank Stuart who runs the museum,a very warm welcome for us and he answered all our questions with great detail and knowledge,he has a great sense of humour as well.

The museum its self takes you through the history of the apprentice boys and history of the siege of derry!great artefacts,scaled models and videos

I have to say I was very impressed and learnt quite a bit about the apprentice boys

Thank you for your hospitality Stuart

1  Thank Doire1905
Reviewed 19 December 2017

I found this museum excellent. It is well laid out and there are 2 short videos that cover the siege and the Apprentice Boys. It is staged over 3 floors. The ground floor is an introduction, the siege is on floor 1 and Apprentice Boys on second floor. It took us just over 1 hour. Entrance is £3 each but well worth it. I highly recommend this museum.

3  Thank geoffviking