“Lovely soup and salads”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2016

going to give a review giving a few good point and bad first of all i'll start with good: the staff are always lovely and friendly at busy time they always try serve as quickly as they can and can never fault them as they have never got my order wrong. There soup is delicious and the salads are a good size that always fill you up.
A few bad points:
Paninis are never cooked for long enough and I wouldn't say filled you up, definitely need something else with them.
Prego is quite small would be nice if it was bigger and could sit in, or even had a few chairs outside.
Hot drinks never taste that nice.
All in all I think prego is a lovely place and very organised.

Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

Great lunchtime menu and would suit all tastes from the exotic to just plain Jane! Usually queued out the door between 12 and 2 but the queue moves quickly and it's worth the wait! I especially love the Californian chicken wrap! Awesome

Reviewed 23 November 2015

To be clear - this restaurant no longer exists. The adjacent sandwich shop is still open at lunchtime to cater for local office workers and school kids but the restaurant is most definitely closed for business.

2  Thank BigDave1958
Reviewed 23 September 2015

I ordered a coronation chicken sandwich for my lunch and got plenty of pale chicken undressed and a slap of coronation "Sauce" on my bread, which was slapped together. Not even mixed together and no raisins....Terrible, i mixed it myself, not enough sauce and inedible.

2  Thank Fay D
Reviewed 30 July 2015

A few months ago, my daughter and I dropped into Prego to buy a couple of sandwiches and we were both disappointed with what we received. However, I thought I'd give the place another shot today so I went in and ordered a grilled caprese panini. First off, the sandwich was hardly grilled, it looked as if they had put it in their griller for about 15 seconds. What was more disappointing is that there was hardly any filling, it was all bread. There were three small pieces of mozzarella, a few bits of thinly sliced tomato and one basil leaf. The only thing I could taste was bread, definitely not worth the price I paid.

I will say the service was quick and efficient but this will definitely be my last visit to Prego.