4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$167
Trip.comUS$172
eDreamsUS$167
TravelocityUS$172
3,081 results
All reviews course taster menu loch fyne leisure facilities steam room outdoor hot tub crerar hotel set menu db b relaxing break both nights lovely hotel the general manager restaurant staff venison bar prices beautiful location bed and breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2021

Excellent hotel and the highlight of my travels through the highlands. Great service, amazing food (dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea), lovely pool and steam room, very clean rooms with nice walk in shower. Beds were very comfortable. Would recommend a Loch view room if you can get it as the other rooms can have a garden or parking lot view, which is not nearly as lovely. Parking was easy and location was within walking distance of the little town which had helpful stores should you need things for your future travels.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 29 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed one night as a stop over before driving farther north. The stay was fabulous, great family room and we had the large pool and indoor jacuzzi to ourselves. We ate in the bistro which was excellent, with a great wine list and breakfast was superb, the haggis being particularly notable as part of the full Scottish breakfast. We were welcomed from the start and have to mention the two French staff (on reception and waitress) who are a lesson in hospitality and we thank you for being so warm and helpful towards our family.

Room tip: Best to check in soon after check in time as car park can get busy.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

This hotel is trying to be something it is not. We paid £330 for bed and breakfast and you would expect a certain standard for that. On arrival there was no greeting. Our room was overlooking the kitchen and the very noisy HVAC plus we discovered very quickly there was an infant in the room next door which we could hear crying through the connecting door. We asked to move and we’re told there were no other rooms. An hour later they called us and said there was a room opposite which we moved in to. This was a garden room - basically a view of a hedge. Rooms are okay but not great. No wardrobe for your clothes. Small TV on a side table. Just feels like a room in a Holiday Inn. It was hot that week in Scotland but these rooms don’t have aircon - which you would expect in a £300+ room. At bedtime the room was an oven. Worst nights sleep I have had in a long time.
In the evening we had a drink on the lawn. Views over the Loch are great but no rooms have this view from what we could see. It’s a dog friendly hotel so people obviously let their dogs use the lawn for toilet purposes. There was a poo bag left lying near the table we were at. It was still there the next morning when we left. Shows none of the staff are really paying attention or taking pride in their hotel.
Dinner is billed as fine dining and they are charging a cost to match. Food itself was excellent. Everything else let’s it down. The restaurant is not a fine dining location. Looks and feels like a Toby Carvery with the furniture, decor, size of the restaurant (big) and the fact you can’t see the fantastic view. I had to ask for another chair as the first one was broken and I was sat so low at the table I couldn’t eat properly. Service is pretty lacklustre - clearly some training needed. I had to open my own wine after the lady serving us broke the cork through bad technique and then told us it was the only bottle of that wine they had. When I asked for a desert wine to go with my excellent chocolate parfait it was served in a tumbler at room temperature. I questioned the lady serving about this but she had no idea.
Lastly after a terrible nights sleep in our furnace like room the bill was slipped under our door with a message that our card would be charged at 10am. It’s a good job I checked the bill as there were drinks on there that we never ordered.
If this was £150 a night for a room most of this could probably be forgiven but when you are paying over £500 for dinner, bed and breakfast it can’t be. As the title says not a bad hotel but it is really bad value for money.
Until they address these issues I would avoid!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

The room was very pleasant, music playing on entering - nice touch. Nice decor and biscuit treats. Menu was very pricey - bread, 2 x steaks and bottle of wine £114. Having said that the food was very nice, but I do not agree with the automatic addition of a service charge, I like to choose how much I tip and wouldn’t tip for drinks. We asked to remove the service charge, it is optional - but it feels awkward.. staff were generally attentive, but would sometimes forget things you asked for, breakfast was nice and generally well organised.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2021

Just back from our stay at the loch fyne hotel and spa and feel so disappointed. Looks great on line but when your actually there it’s quite the opposite. The staff are very unfriendly and did not make you feel welcome in the slightest. We eventually checked in to our very very small over priced room. The room. The room was not of the standard you’d see from a 4 star rated hotel. There was no toiletries and very little tea and coffee facilities and no bottled water which is standard in any hotel. The room had no air con but a very small window to open which was rotten and almost coming away from the building.
We were charged £220 pound for a meal? After looking at the receipt in the morning they had double charge our meal and the was drinks on there that weren’t ours. The swimming pool and jacuzzi area we’re filthy, sauna and steam room were falling to bits. Avoid this place I’d say

Date of stay: July 2021