US$171
US$118
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

US$117
US$122
  • Restaurant
Oban Youth Hostel(Oban)(Great Value!)
US$68
Backpackers Plus(Oban)(Great Value!)
US$57
Hostelworld.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We booked through booking.com for one night as were arriving quite late on the ferry from Colinsay .
We were in Oban a week before our booking date on our outward journey to Colinsay and decided to visit the guesthouse to check our booking was ok. Initially the proprietor could not find our booking, then she eventually confirmed that we had only booked one room and not two. We had the booking.com confirmation that two rooms were booked so she agreed that she would be able to accommodate us.
When we arrived a week later no one was at the guesthouse so we telephoned and she advised us that we did not have a booking as payment had not been made - pre payment was never previously mentioned. She told us to wait and someone would come to meet us.
We waited for 30 minutes but no one arrived, so we gave up and decided to drive through the night to our next destination.
The proprietor was rude and arrogant - what terrible advert for Scottish hospitality.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank gtascot
Reviewed 15 July 2017

I went to Oban for a couple of days and was supposed to be in a single room, which I agreed to pay a rate of £35. The next day, when I was on my way to Oban, I get a phone call saying we've overbooked and will need to put you in a more expensive room if you want to stay. I was told the room was £85 but they would charge me £55 per night. I should have been charged nothing extra. But, with no internet access to check other hotels/B&Bs (and even then I went with the cheapest one the night before), they had me over a barrel. The woman I dealt with came across as arrogant and with no customer care skills whatsoever. I stay in different B&Bs and she is by far the worst I have experienced. This woman is a disgrace to the hospitality industry in my view and I'd urge anyone to avoid this establishment. If it was possible to give no stars as an overall rating, I would have!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Roseanne B
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I stayed in this establishment on the night of 7th July. I had made a booking a month earlier for a single attic room at a rate of £35. The day before my stay I received an email from the receptionist claiming that the room was no longer available and they had booked me in to a double room for £48!! Of course I needed a room for the night, but I wasn't happy to pay more for their "mix up". I called the hotel before my arrival, but it was worthless to argue with the extremely rude and arrogant receptionist Elaine, who simply disconnected on me on the phone!! After my stay I was charged £49, which I cannot call anything else but a theft of my money.... What else, the room wasn't great, it was the middle of the summer and the heating was on.. terrible shared bathroom. Totally not worth £49...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Ewa K
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Booked an en-suite and were taken up two flights of very narrow stairs to a dirty attic room with the toilet outside in the hall which apparently constituted en suite.
The paint was peeling, the windows were filthy and I haven't stayed somewhere so grotty since I was a student.
At £66 per night without breakfast I would not recommend this place to anyone!

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed 4 July 2017

The room was so small the only place for the suitcase, opened, was the bed. The shower did not work AT ALL! NO WATER!. Bed was like a sack of potatoes. Tiny black and white TV did not work. They said "street parking". Good luck with that, I had to park many blocks away and keep feeding a meter. Would not take credit cards (no wonder), only cash or debit, which of course, is not refundable. No one on site after 8:00pm; family member could not get back in after going to the car; had to go to a nearby hotel to call someone.We refused to stay a second night, after paying in advance. Housekeeper in morning said money would be refunded, but I am still waiting for it, three years later! This is the worst overnight experience I have ever had on a vacation. Complained to Scottish board of tourism without result. Generally, Scots are wonderful people, but this was the sole exception in my experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this or its sister hotels!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family