Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$126
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
US$184
US$111
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$106
US$102
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

US$78
  • Free Internet
Corran House(Oban)(Great Value!)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Beachfront
All reviewscontinental breakfastguest househelpful ownersmall fridgegreat place to staybed was very comfortablebeautiful obantea and coffeestayed two nightsone night staytvscotlandferryhost
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Completely disgusted with the service received from this hotel. I booked a room for a Family getaway on the 23rd of July to arrive on the 25th and stay for 2 nights however was unable to attend due to a sudden bereavement. I called the hotel direct the following morning (8:14am on the 24th) to advise I was unable to attend due to this unfortunate circumstance. My confirmation email states any cancellation before 10am will not be charged however on the phone I was advised I would still be charged one nights stay regardless. I find this completely outrageous considering the circumstance in which we could not attend. Absolutely no empathy received and would not consider staying at this hotel in the future or at all for that matter !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
e b, Owner at Cameron Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for this review, even although the facts are all totally incorrect.
Yes you booked a room with me at my guest house and I spoke to you and then sent an email confirmation outlining our policy for booking, cancellation and directions. It does state for cancellation this must be done 1 month before arrival, no charge.
However on the morning you called I didn't even get a chance to explain anything before you put the phone down on me, after being very rude. I will put that down to grief. I was trying to explain what I would do if I sold the room but I did not even have a chance.
I also received this review for my thanks with a BLACKMAIL EMAIL shortly after stating that, " I will once I have money back into my account thanks James" he would remove the review.
Well it is still here after 2 weeks of the refund which I would like to point out that I did when I was in reception again before the BLACKMAIL EMAIL was sent to me. Since then I have had several phone calls from this person demanding money back and even from his daughter. Perhaps they could get on to the banks instead of me as I cannot do anything about bank tardiness in showing credits.
I would also like to point out I was in my rights as a guest house proprietor to charge for the first night as that is within our policy especially if the room was not resold but I gave a refund.
Thankfully there are reviews from guests who have actually stayed with me at my guest house and have actually met me, I do try to give a good service even when guests are rude to me as I know we are only human.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Triple room with breakfast: the size of the room was hardly bigger than the 3 beds, bathroom of a size of another (single!) bed. Beds extremly uncomfortable, room smelt awful. And a breakfast? Already in the room: Old croissants wrapped almost under the pillows and a few slices of ham and cheese in a minimini fridge. Owner not kind at all. Quite a shock if you book a 3 star guesthouse with great ratings. Huge dissapointment.

2  Thank Vesna B
e b, Owner at Cameron Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for your version of our rooms. If you book through a tour operator with out seeing what you are booking and think you are getting a superior room and you get our family ensuite then you might be disappointed. Did contact your tour operator and a superior means ensuite but you were obviously expecting the Ritz or Waldorf not just a room in our comfortable clean guest house. As for myself not being kind, when you get a guest, demanding that you look after their stuff while they go find somewhere else to stay and myself saying i think you should take them with you as our reception is closing i do not think that is unreasonable. I think after the scene that you made i was very kind in letting you stay in my house after all. As for the breakfast we do not have pillows anywhere near the fridge they are on the bed and the croissants are in a basket below the TV and the croissants are as fresh as possible and our breakfast is usually described as being good value for a continental breakfast, we make it so that you can take with you for a picnic if not eaten in the morning.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Travelled to Oban with my husband who was visiting for work purposes. Stayed for just one night but the owner was so very friendly and welcoming. The room was a decent size with toiletries supplied in the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and everything was spotlessly clean . The room had flat screen tv small fridge , dining table with 2 chairs tea and coffee (including ground coffee and cafetière ) hot choclate and decent sized cups to drink from. These little extras were a bonus and anyone staying for more than one night could easily have a continental breakfast in the room , the owner told us we were more than welcome to bring food back to the room .
All in all a very comfortable and enjoyable stay and should we venture up that way again would definitely book to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised of this place. Got a nice room with a breakfast area. Really liked that the breakfast was in the room and that we could make our lunch to bring with us. The room and bathroom was clean. Only negative thing was that we could hear the people above us quite well, but this is a house-not Hotell so it is expected. Nice and helpful owner.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

We stayed two days with my girlfriend in May 2017. Everything seemed good until we discover tenant charged us twice!
They never accepted we paid by card and asked us to leave money in the room. Apparently, after all, it was to swindle us. Back home we realized that we got ripped off since they used my credit card securing our stay to charge me a second time. I have picture proving I paid but they keep denying.
Scotland is a beautiful country with lovely people, it would be too stupid to waste our stay with such dishonest tenant.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
eilidh b, Owner at Cameron Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you yet again for another review somewhere else. Thankfully nearly all my guests know this to be a false review as I would never be this dis honest.
You arrived late which I organised and left early. We do not, up until you stayed charge guest before arrival. I asked you to leave payment in the envelope provided when you decided to leave early and ensure you closed up your room. When I later checked no payment was left not even a registration card only the room key. This is when I charged your card provided at the time of booking and notified you. Shame you can not accept paying for what you had instead of posting all these bad reviews.