Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$112
View deal
Agoda.comUS$112
PricelineUS$112
eDreamsUS$112
TripadvisorUS$112
Destinia.com
Hurb
All reviews oban bay crerar hotels thermal experience lismore suite classic room lovely dog hot tub the general manager breakfast and dinner welcoming hotel night break restaurant staff compliments to the chef fabulous hotel parking is limited cooked to perfection short break
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2021

I attempted to check in at 2:45 pm. The lady at the front desk told me my room was ready. It wasn't. She told me to wait 10 minutes. After 30 minutes I asked her if it was going to be ready soon (as we had a distillery tour booked), she told me to sit down and wait, rudely. They put our luggage in the dining room on the floor. She asked what time I wanted breakfast. After asking for 3 different times, she just booked me when she wanted me to have breakfast. Everyone else in line had a similar experience. I asked her for food recommendations and she couldn't offer anything, in a small town, and said no but they had food. I went to the bar and asked if we could order food in 30 minutes, they said yes. That was not correct. We left without a room and food and went to our tour. When we came back to check in they were nice enough to charge me for the food that we ordered and didn't receive earlier. The table of people next to me we're complaining about waiting 30 minutes for a gin and tonic, so they tried to leave as a manager came out and told them "to sit back down" and then argued with them about their mistreatment. This place is a disaster. Go elsewhere.

1  Thank ryanmQ1779QZ
Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

On arrival initial disappointment was the parking facilities however we overlooked this as the location is fabulous. We had booked the suite with amazing views, however the food at breakfast let the ratings down, was the most rubbery sausage ever had! and to top it off one of the restaurant staff was a very extremely rude individual which was a shame because the rest of staff were lovely but the girl treated customers with total disrespect for the money we had paid for this experience so much so we unfortunately wouldn’t visit again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marc Gardner, General Manager at Oban Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2021

Dear 20michaelm, thank you for taking the time to post your review. While I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and indeed one of our junior suites here at Oban Bay I am sorry to read your comments about our breakfast, I will of course speak with Chef and indeed our butcher with regards to our chosen breakfast sausage.
Thank you also for your feedback about my team, any degree of rudeness is not expected or tolerated, and will be addressed where required.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Kind regards
Marc Gardner

Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

We choose this hotel,because we have stayed 4 times at other Crerar hotels. I have to say this was not a patch on their other hotels. Over priced rooms, no parking, tired interiors, small bedooms, Dinner menu items misrepresented, hand cut chips, which tasted and looked like frozen wedges, terrible steaks, bernaise sauce, which tasted terrible. At breakfast we had to wait ages for a very poor breakfast, ruber sausages, burnt potato scone. I asked for eggs royale for breakfast it was in fact egg Royal. Just one egg..staff very indifferent, they clearly know its an inferior product they are serving, they never ask if "everything is ok" during dinner or at breakfast they never once came round and asked if you wanted more tea/coffee,more toast etc..and I got the feeling they did not want to be there. I will say both receptionist were lovely, and friendly. Would I stay here again, sadly no.

Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

The location is great, the rooms are tiny, old and the pictures on the website are misleading.
Overall its a very disappointing experience and I rate the hotel as a maximum 2 star hotel.
The price is insanely high for what you get in return....

1  Thank rafio308
Reviewed 7 September 2021 via mobile

After a 12 hour journey leaving home at 5am we excitedly arrive , first impressions I was not happy, parking was a nightmare no spaces and on arrival tired and with heavy cases with a 90 year old father we waited by reception desk . The male receptionist was chatting to a lady but didn’t even acknowledge us, the male bar tender walked past us all standing with our cases and didn’t even say someone will be with you soon I was angry . After waiting for ages tired the receptionist called us over snd asked for payment straight away . Our cases were taken up to our rooms and we took my dad to his room first as he has mobility problems luckily he only had a few steps to climb not like us with some steep steps which he couldn’t do , but unfortunately our rooms were nowhere near each other . We had the Junior suite Kerrera it was beautiful made up for the previous impression, a fridge full of goodies , coffee machine , amazing views especially when in the bath looking over the bay . The hotel had done a lovely gesture of happy anniversary plate with fudge and choc strawberries . We booked evening meal at the restaurant and wow the fish platter for two was amazing. The restaurant at this hotel is amazing our breakfasts too even oysters for breakfast!!!!The dark haired receptionist who was on the next day was so friendly I said to her that their where to go leaflets were all for Edinburgh nowhere local which is stupid and she told us about some lovely places to take my elderly father the places were great . We booked a thermal spa experience with afternoon tea and massage for our anniversary but was devastated that with new staff the times had all been changed and we couldn’t do them as had booked a distillery tour . The hotel was very apologetic and did refund me but couldn’t get anything else like this at short notice so was upset . We have had a lovely time but lack of Parking made it stressful as every time you go out you have to park a long way down the road especially when you have a person with mobility issues.

Trip type: Travelled with family