4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$112
View deal
Agoda.comUS$112
PricelineUS$112
eDreamsUS$112
TripadvisorUS$112
StayForLong
All reviews oban bay crerar hotels thermal experience lismore suite classic room lovely dog hot tub the general manager breakfast and dinner welcoming hotel night break restaurant staff compliments to the chef fabulous hotel parking is limited cooked to perfection short break
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2021

I think there must be two sides to this hotel looking at other reviews, we booked a sea view suite which was excellent, good size and very comfy 4 poster bed. We had arrived early and receptionist helped to have the room ready we only had to wait a short time. Parking is a pain, please put a note on your website or booking confirmation on what to do, we saw so many drive up the narrow alley and then reverse back down. I wanted to use the electric charger but both bays were full of non electric cars, parking is at a church around the corner, no problem but would be good to know. Dinner in the restaurant was very good, sea bass nice and tasty the Scottish male waiter was spot on and friendly. Breakfast was a let down fully agree with other reports on the sausage - awful and you have to book slot times which the foreign girl on reception didn't sort the time we wanted and just told us to turn up. Generally we had no problems, very expensive for one night but just small minor niggles.

Room tip: Pay for sea view rooms seem better quality
Reviewed 13 September 2021

I attempted to check in at 2:45 pm. The lady at the front desk told me my room was ready. It wasn't. She told me to wait 10 minutes. After 30 minutes I asked her if it was going to be ready soon (as we had a distillery tour booked), she told me to sit down and wait, rudely. They put our luggage in the dining room on the floor. She asked what time I wanted breakfast. After asking for 3 different times, she just booked me when she wanted me to have breakfast. Everyone else in line had a similar experience. I asked her for food recommendations and she couldn't offer anything, in a small town, and said no but they had food. I went to the bar and asked if we could order food in 30 minutes, they said yes. That was not correct. We left without a room and food and went to our tour. When we came back to check in they were nice enough to charge me for the food that we ordered and didn't receive earlier. The table of people next to me we're complaining about waiting 30 minutes for a gin and tonic, so they tried to leave as a manager came out and told them "to sit back down" and then argued with them about their mistreatment. This place is a disaster. Go elsewhere.

1  Thank ryanmQ1779QZ
Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

On arrival initial disappointment was the parking facilities however we overlooked this as the location is fabulous. We had booked the suite with amazing views, however the food at breakfast let the ratings down, was the most rubbery sausage ever had! and to top it off one of the restaurant staff was a very extremely rude individual which was a shame because the rest of staff were lovely but the girl treated customers with total disrespect for the money we had paid for this experience so much so we unfortunately wouldn’t visit again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marc Gardner, General Manager at Oban Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2021

Dear 20michaelm, thank you for taking the time to post your review. While I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and indeed one of our junior suites here at Oban Bay I am sorry to read your comments about our breakfast, I will of course speak with Chef and indeed our butcher with regards to our chosen breakfast sausage.
Thank you also for your feedback about my team, any degree of rudeness is not expected or tolerated, and will be addressed where required.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Kind regards
Marc Gardner

Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

We choose this hotel,because we have stayed 4 times at other Crerar hotels. I have to say this was not a patch on their other hotels. Over priced rooms, no parking, tired interiors, small bedooms, Dinner menu items misrepresented, hand cut chips, which tasted and looked like frozen wedges, terrible steaks, bernaise sauce, which tasted terrible. At breakfast we had to wait ages for a very poor breakfast, ruber sausages, burnt potato scone. I asked for eggs royale for breakfast it was in fact egg Royal. Just one egg..staff very indifferent, they clearly know its an inferior product they are serving, they never ask if "everything is ok" during dinner or at breakfast they never once came round and asked if you wanted more tea/coffee,more toast etc..and I got the feeling they did not want to be there. I will say both receptionist were lovely, and friendly. Would I stay here again, sadly no.

Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

The location is great, the rooms are tiny, old and the pictures on the website are misleading.
Overall its a very disappointing experience and I rate the hotel as a maximum 2 star hotel.
The price is insanely high for what you get in return....

1  Thank rafio308