4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$181
eDreamsUS$181
Agoda.comUS$181
TripadvisorUS$181
Travelocity
All reviews crerar hotels nhs staff free weekend complimentary boat trip lismore suite classic room linguine the bar lounge area lovely dog night break amazing weekend hotel is fantastic hotel group welcoming hotel cheese board breakfast and dinner cold buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2021

This is a great hotel. Just don;t book it through Expedia or you end up with a confirmation and pictures relating to the Oban Hotel then find your booking is with another hotel completely which is a fraction of the quality of this one,
Reception staff were as helpful as they could be but had no reservation for me and had no rooms at the price I paid.

Date of stay: September 2021
Marc Gardner, General Manager at Oban Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2021

Dear Kay, thank you so much for your kind words and your understanding, we are experiencing some issues with some 3rd party sites, and another local hotel, however this is being rectified, where possible I would ask all our guests to book directly.
I do hope that you will visit us again in the future.
Kind regards
Marc Gardner

Reviewed 14 September 2021

Had confirmed booking at this hotel only to be told at check in they had no record of booking. We showed confirmation on phone through expedia but they said there was another hotel using their name to get bookings. The other hotel muthu/regent hotel (should be condemned it was so bad). Total scam. They called this other hotel and said oh yes you are booked in there. If they knew this other hotel was supposedly using their hotel name to get business surely they should not have been passing guests to them and how did they know which hotel it was! Totally ruined weekend which we were meant to be spending with our son who has recently started studying in Oban. We travelled back home the 3 and a half hours as Expedia were useless and couldn't come up with a solution as the Oban Bay Hotel refused to answer their phone. We also tried calling them on several occasions but no reply. Disgraceful.

Reviewed 14 September 2021

I think there must be two sides to this hotel looking at other reviews, we booked a sea view suite which was excellent, good size and very comfy 4 poster bed. We had arrived early and receptionist helped to have the room ready we only had to wait a short time. Parking is a pain, please put a note on your website or booking confirmation on what to do, we saw so many drive up the narrow alley and then reverse back down. I wanted to use the electric charger but both bays were full of non electric cars, parking is at a church around the corner, no problem but would be good to know. Dinner in the restaurant was very good, sea bass nice and tasty the Scottish male waiter was spot on and friendly. Breakfast was a let down fully agree with other reports on the sausage - awful and you have to book slot times which the foreign girl on reception didn't sort the time we wanted and just told us to turn up. Generally we had no problems, very expensive for one night but just small minor niggles.

Room tip: Pay for sea view rooms seem better quality
Reviewed 13 September 2021

I attempted to check in at 2:45 pm. The lady at the front desk told me my room was ready. It wasn't. She told me to wait 10 minutes. After 30 minutes I asked her if it was going to be ready soon (as we had a distillery tour booked), she told me to sit down and wait, rudely. They put our luggage in the dining room on the floor. She asked what time I wanted breakfast. After asking for 3 different times, she just booked me when she wanted me to have breakfast. Everyone else in line had a similar experience. I asked her for food recommendations and she couldn't offer anything, in a small town, and said no but they had food. I went to the bar and asked if we could order food in 30 minutes, they said yes. That was not correct. We left without a room and food and went to our tour. When we came back to check in they were nice enough to charge me for the food that we ordered and didn't receive earlier. The table of people next to me we're complaining about waiting 30 minutes for a gin and tonic, so they tried to leave as a manager came out and told them "to sit back down" and then argued with them about their mistreatment. This place is a disaster. Go elsewhere.

1  Thank ryanmQ1779QZ
Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

On arrival initial disappointment was the parking facilities however we overlooked this as the location is fabulous. We had booked the suite with amazing views, however the food at breakfast let the ratings down, was the most rubbery sausage ever had! and to top it off one of the restaurant staff was a very extremely rude individual which was a shame because the rest of staff were lovely but the girl treated customers with total disrespect for the money we had paid for this experience so much so we unfortunately wouldn’t visit again

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marc Gardner, General Manager at Oban Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2021

Dear 20michaelm, thank you for taking the time to post your review. While I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and indeed one of our junior suites here at Oban Bay I am sorry to read your comments about our breakfast, I will of course speak with Chef and indeed our butcher with regards to our chosen breakfast sausage.
Thank you also for your feedback about my team, any degree of rudeness is not expected or tolerated, and will be addressed where required.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Kind regards