All reviews steakhouse restaurant no lift cleaning staff duty manager main road would stay again comfortable bed town centre train station tea coffee one night stay yogurt rear distillery stopover ferry harbour
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Working in Oban again.
Never stayed here before. Drove past lots of times and thought I'd give it a try.
Bonus - it has parking, which if you know Oban, is scarce.
Received a warm welcome and the room was very comfortable.
It has a good menu and the food was great.
Recommended and booked again for two weeks time.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DazMullen
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Spent a couple of nights at the hotel but felt it was very over priced,room was ok with a very comfortable bed and was clean although there was mould in the bathroom.We had a room at the rear of the hotel overlooking the carpark which could get a bit noisy in the morning with I assume staff arriving for work,managed to get a car parking space with no problem.In the bar it was over £9 for two alcoholic drinks and £1.90 for a can of juicewhich put us off having a meal at the hotel as we do like a few drinks with our meal,we had breakfast included which did include a cooked breakfast although it was very sub standard with everything being very dry there’s also lots of cereal,yoghurts,fruit and meat to choose from the second morning I opted for the omelette which was nice.Its in a good location with easy walking distance to the town and harbour but we felt it in no way warranted the price we paid so therefore we wouldn’t return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cath034
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Return trip to this Hotel. Great central location. Staff are friendly, welcoming and helpful. Rooms are nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. Bit of a mix up on arrival with type of room, sorted immediately.
My only (small) comment would be the Hairdryer in the Room. The fixed flex is way too small and cumbersome to use properly. That aside, an excellent Hotel that I would definitely return to and would also recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank angela r
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We arrived for a long weekend,the room we were allocated was clean and tidy. Breakfast was served promptly every day and the staff were pleasant. I was concerned with the piles of laundry in the stairwell and feel that poses as fire hazard and should not be allowed to continue. As the weather was really hot we did not use the bar or eat in the hotel apart from breakfast.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a good stay at this hotel. The room was large and very comfortable and had everything we needed (and nice squishy carpets:-)). The staff were friendly and we had no problem parking in the back, even though the hotel was full. I think it depends on the time you are arriving. We arrived late afternoon and were fine. It's an easy walk to the centre of town and an even easier walk to the esplanade (and the Oban chocolate shop, which really shouldn't be missed!). The only slight downside was the breakfast. You only get continental and have to pay extra for hot food - and given the price I think they should really include that. Coffee wasn't great and bread was standard sliced, but there was a selection of cereal, fresh fruit, cheese and sliced meats as well as jam. Go to Julie's down the road for coffee. I would recommend the Rowantree for a comfortable stay in Oban.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple